Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Monday, February 6, 2012

Fuente de Mis Bendiciones

Hola.

Well let's just start this out with a thank you. Thank you for reading these emails for the past two years. Before my mission I always loved reading the emails of my friends, siblings and cousins etc on missions. So thanks for reading. I hope you have enjoyed them. If i remember correctly the title of this blog is adventures in chile. I have had some adventures in Chile. Thanks for letting me share them with you. If you haven't figured it out, I'm telling you all this because will be the last email I send home. I am in my last week of my mission here in La Misiòn Chile Viña del Mar and next Monday I won't be emailing. Crazy that two years have passed by right? Its interesting how fast time passes right?


Anyway we will have more of that kind of talk later. Here is the update-


Dayana- Had her Baptismal Interview and gets baptized on the 12!

Miriam- She is doing so WELL, but we had to change her fecha bautismal to the 19 de Febrero.
Nancy- GETS MARRIED THE 21 DE FEBRERO And will be baptized the 26 de FEBRERO.
Vania and Janet- Came to church on sunday with the three boys. They loved it. They will be baptized. I am not sure when, I'm thinking in March. We want to put Fecha with them this week.

This past week was basically really crazy. Probably one of the two hardest weeks of my mission. I was sick like all week so I didn't have any energy and just other stuff was happening. It was not fun. I feel like it was like maybe my one last big test God wanted to give me here in Chile. But I learned a lot about Enduring to end. The whole week I just wanted to get to Sunday. And when Sunday came I felt so much better. And 8 of our investigatores came to church, which made the week a lot better.


So, today I am in Viña. Man, I LOVE THIS CITY. I love Viña so much. We had to come in early so my comp could go to the doctor (he has been having knee problems). And after internet we have to go to Villa Alemana so my comp can recieve his patriarchal blessing (he didn't get it before his mission). So today will be SUPER crazy. But fun at the sametime because I will basically get to see most of my mission. haha. I only wish i could see Ovalle. I love that place.


But story of the day: So in Chamiza I worked a lot with the Lider Misional and his family. They are converts and have been members for like two years. Before I left I told them that I wanted to be in there temple sealing. But then I have never heard from them. I thought it was going to be sometime in January. I wanted to visit Chamiza on my last monday but I will not have time. So I was a little bummed. But today after the doctor appt we were in the office and guess what family shows up at the office to drop their oldest son off for his Mini-Mission?  Oh my gosh, i was so excited to see them. And then they told me that they wanted to invite me to their sealing and that today they were going to ask President Gillespie permission for me to go.... and then they told me the date. February 18. AHHHH. I missing it by four days. but it was such a blessing to be able to see them before leaving. For something my comp had to have his doctors appt today. Its interesting how life plays out like that.


Bueno. I love Chile. I love Viña. And thanks Alisa for the coming home advice. Ok for those of you who have been asking me: I leave Santiago at like 11:45 pm on the 14th, Get to LA wednesday morning and then from there I arrive at the DFW airport at like 1:50 pm on Wednesday, the 15 of Febrero. Two years went by really fast.



I would like to explain and describe what I have learned and how I feel. But I can't at this moment. Just know that I have loved every moment and everyday I am more grateful for having served a mission, especially for having served it here in La Misión Viña del Mar. The best mission in the world. Jesucristo es el salvador y redentor del mundo. Su Evangelio y su Iglesia han sido restaurados. Las Familias pueden ser eternas. Hay profetas vivientes. Pero más importante que estas cosas es esto: Somos Hijos de Dios. Dios es Nuestro Padre. Su plan de redención es perfecto y se lleva acabo por medio del sacrificio de Jesucristo.


Sorry, its going to be hard to testify in English. but I want to end this email with two things:


The first, something that I wrote in my very first email home from the MTC:


"We've been watching a lot of clips in class from this thing called the "The Six Billion Others Project" and its basically this thing where this group went around the world and interviewed all these individuals from different walks of a life and ask them about life, god, humanity, etc. Anyway, it reminded me of why I love the olympics. because they always say the Olympics is a celebration of humanity, that thing inside of us that connects us all together. And well, that inner-connection within the human family is that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father."


Second, with the lryics of Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, but in Spanish. I, like many others, love this song. But hearing it in Spanish helps me understand the meaning more:

FUENTE DE MIS BENDICIONES

Fuente de mis bendiciones ven y afirma el corazón
Compasión que nunca cesa, engendra mi canción
Un soneto enséñame por la lengua Celestial
Hazme firme en tu monte, eterno manantial

Mi voz levantare por tu ayuda al llegar

Y seguro en tus brazos gozaré en tu hogar
Errante yo estaba y Jesús me encontró
Con su sangre derramada del dolor me rescató

Necesito que me ligues a tu vida celestial

Este corazón errante se apronta a desviar
Y me alejo yo lo siento, abandono a mi dios
Toma hoy mi corazón y a tu monte séllalo
I love you all, thanks for the support that I have recieved over the past two years.

Elder Daniel Hyer

Misión Chile Viña del Mar