HEY!!!! So I'm here in the MTC. I only have 22 minutes and this timer thing is kinda freaking me out. So this may be really choppy. but this my email address. AND PLEASE POST MY MTC ADDRESS ON FACEBOOK (Dave...do you still have the password for that?). Thanks for posting it on the blog, and yes mom I got your three letters and driving record. I'm sorry to hear about Mo, he was a funny little cat. But out of the cats we've had, he is definitely a survivor. I caculated that he's like 13 or 14 years old. It was about this time in '97 when we got him too. But, I'm sure he's having fun with Kelly :). Let's see, I LOVE MY MTC DISTRICT. A lot. The first day really wasn't as scary as I thought, I'm definitely a fan of the way they do drop-offs now. Yes parts of the days are hard, but overall it's been a good experience. I really like my two teachers as well. My companion is pretty cool too, he's from Clovis, CA and says he knows Derek Asay. And yes, Alisa I have four hermanas in my district. Three of the elders are going to Concepion South, two to Guatemala (sp?), one hermana to Spain, one to New York South -spanish, one to Antafogusta, Chile (sp?) and then me and one other hermana are going to Vina del Mar. I love spanish. I just wish i could speak it better. haha. Ok, so funny story. On Saturday night we had to go in and teach like two three-minute lessons to an MTC teacher in spanish. So the first time me and comp did really well and even committed her to pray to know if what we were saying was true. We felt pretty good about ourselves. But, the Prideful shall fall. Because the second lesson we went in and I guess my companion committed her to baptism...and I didn't know it. haha. It was hilarious! Ok, so about the title. We've been watching a lot of clips in class from this thing called the "The Six Billion Others Project" and it's basically this thing where this group went around the world and interviewed all these individuals from different walks of a life and asked them about life, god, humanity, etc. Anyway, it reminded me of why I love the olympics. because they always say the Olympics is a celebration of humanity, that thing inside of us that connects us all together. And well, that inner-connection within the human family is that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. Random I know, but that's what the first few days had me thinking about. Hmm, my body is still adjusting to the food. It seriously took me like two days to actually eat at least half of my meal. Let's just say that my insides are constantly moving. and making noises. haha. I'm sure you all wanted to here that. I think I might be getting a little sick. BUT DON"T WORRY MOM. I'm going into the health center later today to check it all out. I've seen Jason quite a few times, its been pretty cool. He seems like he is doing really well. How are things at home? 12 INCHES OF SNOW!?!? What is this? Muy loco! Anyway, I probably should get going. Did you get that letter I wrote on my first night requesting my blue flip-flops? I miss and love you all! YAY FOR LIFE. And the Gospel of Jesus Christ...because it's true.
Love, Elder Hyer
PS- I Love mail.
PPS- Please post this.
PPPS- Give David and Mary a bug for me and give Roderick a nice pat :)