




HOLA!
So first, yes that talk by Elder Rasband is really good. I read it the other day. And the mission presidents as well, Elder Jensen of the 70 spoke to us in La Serena like the first week of the cambio, and he talked a little bit about the process of the calling of mission presidents- it´s pretty amazing how that all works.
Yes Mom, you should join the trend and get another dog in the fall. And then you should name it after somebody that i´ve met or taught in Chile. Haha. Just Kidding.
Oh, question. So we heard a rumor that Utah is moving to the PAC-10!?!?! Is this true or false?
Sounds like you all had a good 4th of July. People wished me a happy 4th of july here, kinda surprised me actually. You saw lots of family then mom? Everyone is doing well and everything? Alisa and Greg are leaving the 19th? Is David going to start kindergarten this year? Sorry, this letter for some reason is hard to write- i keep wanting to write in like Spanglish.
Dave thanks for the email! So you´re going to take the LSAT? Another Law School Graduate in the family then? SMU has a pretty good law school I think...or maybe its there business school. I can´t remember I used to always hear radio ads for some graduate school program at SMU.
Thanks for your input on the Sacrament question. I understand and see the reasoning for the right hand. But....I just thought it was funny that my comp like chastised me for it and then later there was a big debate about it in Elders Quorum. And yes, i´m going to ask President Gillespie.
So this week. It was pretty good. We had three baptisms on saturday. Matias, Diego, and Angie. It went really well. And then yesterday all three were confirmed. And Juan Pablo and Lorena (RC´s from last cambio and the tio and tia of Angie) both bore their testimony. It was really cool AND then to make it better....Angie bore her testimony. AHHHH it was awesome.
We had intercambios on Wednesday with Limari (the elders that live with us) and I spent the day in Limari with Elder Robinson. It was pretty fun. We were walking down the street and we saw some graffiti that said MTC. We found it ironic and took pictures. I included some I think. What else happened this week. It was pretty normal. The thing right now is that we have cambios tonight/tomorrow. I don´t know if I´m leaving or not. It´s very possible that I could stay but also very possible that I could leave. But I am thinking that I´ll stay here in Canihuante for another six weeks with Elder Machado. But, we shall see, i´ll find out tonight. And you all will find out next monday. It´s kinda like waiting for mr. taylor to post the cast lists and stuff. Because we can sit here and speculate about cambios...but when it comes down to it. There´s no way to know. Haha. Oh the joys of speculation.
Wow, sorry this email is kinda lame. I really don´t have much to say. It was an awesome week though. As always. Yesterday an Hermana in our branch set up a noche de hogar AND gave us like three references. And on thursday we have a lesson with her and like three of her amigas. Which is really good. Because right now we have nothing (I don´t like ending the cambio like this). Our mission leader, his parents aren´t members, but they went to an activity on friday and we have a noche de hogar with the family this coming friday. We´re hoping to get some of these people progressing this week and the next get some baptisms lined up for the end of July/beginning of August. The mission truly is amazing. Thanks for all the love and support I feel from all of you! I think it´s a little weird that its all hot and summer-ness in the States right now (Texas for example) and here its winter. WEIRD.
Well I think I might go, I love you all. Thanks for everything.
I turn 21 on Saturday. No Me Gusta. Weird. I don´t know how I feel about that.
The Church is True!
-Elder Hyer
PS- Yes Dad, I´m pretty sure i know who Kylie Everett is. I wanna say she was investigating the church a couple years ago when I was still at FMHS.