Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Monday, December 12, 2011

Look Up


Hola Familia.

So I love that both mom and dad mentioned that Elder Nelson came to
stake conference but then both of them made this statement, "but i am
sure Mom/Dad will tell you about that".

Thats CRAZY that FMHS has 3800 students and there aren't plans for a
freshman campus. but the lewisville school district was always a
little weird. haha.

OK so let me get this straight, the new Stake Presidency is Pdte
Riding, Pdte Elmer and Pdte Cannon. ok. wow lots of changes have
happened since i have left.

So when are you going to Idaho? And do i have to remind you to do the
christmas card again this year? because it would be super lame if mom
and dad just took amazing vacations to europe and stopped fulfilling
basic holiday traditions. haha. just kidding.

This week was...pretty much the same. There was some stuff that I
wanted to tell you but now I don't remember. We have been finding lots
of people. The problem is that we haven't gotten them to progress very
well yet. We have been working a lot with the Bishop. visiting less
actives and everything. the elders in my district should have a
baptism this week and the hermanas in my district had a good week and
should have baptisms this month. which is good, because they had been
working really hard and not seeing many results.  it has been amazing
to work with so many different people on my mission.

I can't believe that Christmas is just a couple weeks away. I hope you
all take time to remember why we celebrate christmas. I know the gifts
and the trees and food everything is fun. But why is this time of year
always related to hope, faith and love and service? It is because in
Decemeber we remember the birth of Christ. When Christ was born, the
world was filled with Hope. The hope of the Savior that had been
prophesied for hundreds of years by ancient prophets came into the
world. Do we understand what the means? I invite you all the read the
prophesies of the coming of the savior, those from the Bible and the
Book of Mormon. And take a moment to think about what Christ did for
you. And the love that our Heavenly Father must have for all of us.
That is something that I thought about this week. THe love our
Heavenly Father has for us. We are all children of God, but when we
look around at the world, there are lots of problems. People have
problems. Our Heavenly Father has one big problematic family, but none
the less....He still loves each and everyone of us and always gives us
the chance to repent. Entonces, who are we to complain about our own
families? If Heavenly Father is happy loving us and all our problems
why can't we do the same and love our families despite the challenges
and faults that everyone has? Christmas is the time to put things in
the past, focus on the important things, and Look up towards the
savior and learn to love.

I hope that everyone of you have an amazing day and week. I am not
sure who still reads these things, but i hope you all have an amazing
day.

I love you all!

Elder Hyer

ps- one last thought: how did two years so quickly become two months?