Hola Familia y otras personas que lean estas cartas
This week was pretty good. I can't believe it's already P-Day again. In response to your questions about packages. I might get them tomorrow. None of them had come when we had conference a couple weeks ago but the Zone Leaders had consejo en Viña en viernes entonces tal vez voy a recibirles mañana en la renuion del distrito. Wow. sorry, i didn´t mean to do that...it just kinda slipped out. But you guys can translate. Speaking of the language. I can´t pray in Enlgish anymore. We were at a members house this past week and the little girl said she wanted me to say the closing prayer in english. So i did. and holy cow it was SO hard. i can't remember if spanish slipped out or not...but wow, it was hard. All the other missionaries say that I speak well for only being out for six months (SIX MONTHS: I only have an hermanas mission left...why does time go by so fast?) but i don't know if I believe them or not. Oh well, it takes time i guess.
In terms of numbers and stuff this week was a little slow. We didnt find many people this week and Cristian (this guy we've been wanting to put fecha with for like a week) was really hard to teach this week...lots of stuff going on at work and what not. However we did use the Book of Mormon a lot this week. My testimony of the Book of Mormon grows everytime we teach about it. It really does answer the questions of the soul.
On Saturday we're going to have a baptism. I'm really excited. Her name is Felisa, she's the mom of Lorena and Juan Pablo. She is super cool and the Soc-Soc (La Sociedad de Socorro...RS) is doing a lot for the baptism, which is good....means that the branch will be super involved on saturday. I actually got really excited yesterday at church for Canihuante. There is a senior couple in Ovalle and what they do is work with all the branches in Ovalle. They've been working with Ovalle Norte for like six months and now they are going to start working in Canihuante. They basically do a lot of work with reactivating members and what not, which will be super good for the branch. Because there are a lot of people in Canihuante that aren`t at church on sunday. There are some really strong members in Canihuante, we just need more of them. So i'm excited for what the future holds here in Canihuante.
This morning we went running as a pencion. it was good. our neighborhood is like the last neighborhood there is before you hit the country. So we ran up the road that takes you to La Serena for a little bit. It was cool. Really pretty.
Oh last night we were over at Felisa's house. And Lorena's friend, who has been living in Mexico City for like the past year or so was there. So i talked to her for a little bit. It's interesting to hear her talk about the differences between Mexico and Chile (the different words they use and stuff). She said she knows San Miguel and Guanjuato and Leon (has family or something that lives there). I couldn´t remember the name of Ale's village so I didn't ask. I just remember that it has a very distinct name but can never remember what it is.
Hmmm I feel like theres more that I should tell you. This week overall was really good. I really like Chile a lot. Yes, sometimes I miss the States, but I really like it here in Canihuante...the people are really cool. And this coming week should go by really fast because we have intercambios on Wednesday and Friday. And this time I'll be leaving the sector (Monte Patria on Wednesday and Limari on Friday). Sounds like everything is good at home. Alisa and Greg were by our old house!? That's cool. Thats crazy how much driving Dave and Ale are doing this summer. When does school start for them? Really random question, have they started building the new stake center yet? So whats going on in the world? Somtimes I see pieces of things sometimes on the news at peoples houses. The big thing right now there in Chile is that there are 33 miners trapped in a mine up in the Atacama (in the north). Well I hope all is well. I love you all. And think about you a lot too (but not in a distracting way...don't worry). Have a safe trip back to Texas Mom and Dad...maybe this will be waiting for you when you get home? And thanks for updating the blog and pictures and everything. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! ¡La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias es la iglesia de Jesucristo y el reino de Dios sobre la tierra!
Love, Elder Hyer