Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hola familia.



This week was pretty good. We had three baptisms on Friday! It was really awesome. And Gladys is getting baptized on Saturday and possibly her 8-yr-old daugther and her 17-year-old Sister. Pray that everything works out for this family. Yes the big news here in Chile is that the Miners are out. Richard was like 28th to leave I think. And it is really amazing that they all got out ok. Its a miracle. Now the problem will be all the press and what not. apparently they´ve all been offered houses and cars and free trips to Greece and stuff. Hopefully they all handle it well.

Oh so random thing, theres an Hermana in my zone whos from Plano. this is her second change...she entered the mtc in in like june or something. but the other day we were at a zone activity and we were talking about dallas and stuff. turns out she went to ice last year. kinda weird huh? theres a good chance i told her what line to stand in. which speaking of ICE, that whole experience of having to do crowd control has messed me up. I had to Registro Civil in Quilpue the other day to get my carnet (basically my chilean ID that makes it so im not an illegal alien). and holy cow...it was crazy. there where tons of people and there were no set lines and stuff. All i wanted to do was like crowd control everything. AND do you realize that Ice was like a year ago. weird.

Wow, sorry this email is lame. The ward here in Limache is super good. Really strong and lots of Active people. I´ve been told that this stake (Villa Alemana) has like the best stake in the mission in terms of members and what not.

Hmmm. Sounds like things back home are good. thats cool that flower mound beat lewisville. BYU....yeah. I´ve heard that BYU might be going independent?

The Bonners moved!? To SOUTHLAKE!? That´s lame, they were good neighbors. I´m glad you like the new dog Mom. you should email me a picture sometime. and the kitchen. thats cool that you´re finally going to remodel it. And im glad you´re not selling the house right now too. And if that´d been a thought i´m sure you´d tell me right??? Haha.

Well I gotta upload some pictures. I love you all. I promise next weeks email will be better.

Elder Hyer