Hola Familia!
Esta semana fue super bueno.
Sorry that the emails have been shorter. Its been kind of an adjustment. I´m doing really well I promise, I´ve just had more ups and downs here in Limache then I was having in Ovalle. My companion is awesome. we got along really well, hes just a little...interesting you could say. But, he´s grown on me. And theres four missionaries in our ward so we live with the Limache B elders, which is nice. They´re both named Elder Diaz. Ones from Columbia and the other is from the LA area (hes a Latingo.....as in hes totally from the states but his parents are latin and spoke spanish to him growing up so hes bilingual).
Yeah...so this week:
I wanna say it was Thursday, I think I saw a Chilean version of a Homecoming Parade. It was some Colegios anniversary or algo así. and out of nowhere all these little trucks covered with balloons were driving down the street with all these kids in the back screaming and yelling and chanting. It was pretty cool.
Mom, I have to tell you about an hermana in our ward. Shes the RS president and her family all joined the church like four years ago. but shes like super into Family History and has been doing a ton of research and temple work for her family. Talking to her made me think of you and marie. And on friday were having a Noche de Capilla (basically a ward activity) and we´re going to talk about Family History. I´ll let you know how it goes.
Yesterday was Stake Conference. It was nice. the church is the same everywhere. One of the speakers was talking about mormon jokes. How Mormons does it take to change a lightbulb? Well if its the High Priest Group a whole bunch will show up, but then they´ll just have a really long discussion about how changing the lightbulbs used to be. If its the Elders Quorum, it´ll take four...because 3 won´t show up and the Presidente will end up doing it. If its JAS (ysa), they´ll see it as a great oppurtunity to have an activity. lots of people will come, it´ll be a super good activity but the lightbulb will remain unchanged. and if its the RS one person to change the lightbulb and two to prepare the refreshments. It was a pretty cool conference. The wife of some political representative that was there asked us for a Book of Mormon....pretty cool.
Ok so we have a dog. His name is Vermudes. And he´s followed the missionaries of Limache around for like 4 years. 4 years ago there were hermanas in limache. and they somehow ended up with a puppy. This puppy grew up and then never left. He won´t enter the house (which is good) but he totally follows us around. He´s learned to recognize the missionaries by our clothes (white shirts and ties). But hes like known in the mission (Pdte Gillespie knows about him) and hes known in the ward as the missionaries dog. We don´t really feed him either...he finds food. we just give him water sometimes. I think we would feed him...but that would make him like a pet...and we can´t have pets. haha.
Oh so on friday we were teaching English and we were practicing the word "Thirty" which for latins is hard to say. BUT like the first time Gladys said it...she sounded like a straight-up new yorker. it was hilarious. and really awesome.
Yesterday was the Bautismo of Gladys, her sister Victoria, and her daughter Javiera. It was a really good baptism. Gladys and Victoria felt the spirit really strongly and now realize that they have to perserverar hasta el fin (the most difficult part of the Gospel). I think the members were worried about retaining them so all the talks mentioned enduring to the end. it was really good. The Gospel is perfect. The Church is true. and last night we gave a Libro de Mormón to one of Gladys´s friends and Gladys totally was like "you totally have to read Alma 32 and 33! I´ll mark it for you! Its about Faith!" it was cool.
Sounds like all is good at home. Jewels looks good, im glad Roderick has a friend to run around with and someone to keep up (kinda like how he kept Kelly going for all those years). In n Out in CENTERVILLE!!!!!!???? that´s awesome for Boise State, TCU and Utah and Wisconsin (now that we have a reason to pay attention to Wisconsin). Texas isn´t RANKED!? That´s weird. Is OU ranked? Thats way cool for the Rangers! Especially since they beat the Yankees. But...yes, If i was home i´d be conflicted. San Francisco or the Rangers, sounds like it´ll be fun though. thats cool that FMHS won again, have they won all there games this season so far? Oh, the title...I went to Regristo Civil and got my Carnet. So i´m officially legal in Chile now.
Well, say Hi to everyone for me. I love you all. Jesus Christ lives. Don´t forget the power of Prayer.
OH and i will most likely email you guys on Wednesday. I think we´re going to have some zone activity on monday. BUT you should still all write me like you normally would in case it doesn´t work out and we email on monday like normal. Oh and thats funny that ICE is calling you mom. I would love to work at the Gaylord again...but just not for another year and half.
Love,
Elder Hyer