Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Best is Yet to Come

Hola.
 
Well, sorry that my email didn´t send last week. I guess for some reason it didn´t send. Well i forwarded and so you can read two this week.
 
Well, this week was....good. We're just not finding a ton. But we have just to be more diligent and keep working. We did put two fechas (finally!) this week with this really awesome young married couple. They will be getting baptized the 19 of Marzo as long as they feel that its right. They had been praying and reading but hadn't felt like they had recieved una respuesta. So we reviewed the Restauracion con ellos y talked about prayer and the invitacion del Libro de Mormon (see the introduccion). Please keep Pamela y Edwin in your prayers. I'm really hoping they progress. Apart from them, we don't really have much. I have been praying alot for guidance. Its coming. We just have to be patient and seguir trabajando con fe.
 
Well I´m officially not young anymore. Kind of lame. But cool at the sametime. Its just weird because for so long you when people ask me what I want to study after the mission etc i always would just say..."Oh i have to two years to think about that" and now...suddenly I only have one. Weird. Time goes by so fast. But thanks dad for that thought. i really needed that. Especially now that im in this new sector. The Best is Yet to Come.
 
So I just watched a Mormon Message video about the Eternal Families. Pdte. Erying makes a really good point. Families can be forever. But that blessing depends on the decisiones of each individual family member. So we have to work together, strengthening one another. And also realizing that everyone has their agency. Random  i know, but just a thought.
 
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿!!!!!!!!!!!!!HEATHER IS GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!?????????????  Well congratulations Heather! I'm not going to lie, I was surprised...did not expect hearing that one, but felicitaciones! They canceled school again on wednesday!? WHAT IS THIS. The weather is nice here in Villa Alemana....but its nothing like the nice weather in Viña. Its hotter. A lot hotter. Not like Texas hot though. But sufficiently hot. That sounds awesome about BYU Bastekball. Me and comp were wondering about what was going on with college bastekball the other day. We heard that the Packers won the superbowl. Im sure Alisa is excited. Wasn't the super bowl in Dallas? I just remember last year during Ice there was this big thing about the Gaylord getting picked as like the hotel of the superbowl or something like that.
 
Well there is not much else to say. This morning was fun. One of the hermanas in our zone was a yoga teacher at BYU-I. So we had like a yoga session this morning as a zone. Muy divertido. then after we played futbol. apparently we're playing against the El Belloto zone next monday...so we were "practicing". And then we had "Feliz Día de la Amistad". Because today is valentines day....but as misioneros...we don`t celebrate that. So we celebrated our friendship instead. haha. it was a fun morning.
 
Well time goes by so fast. But I love the mission. The past year has been amazing. I was blessed with an amazing experience in the MTC followed by some even more amazing experiences in Canihuante, Limache, and Nueva Aurora. These people here in Chile have changed my life. I´ve learned something from every single companion (Elder Birchall, Elder Machado, Elder Negri, Elder Bustincio, Elder Zaldaña, Elder Vasquez). I have seen the Gospel of Jesus Christ change the lives of Heavenly Father's children. I have seen the Book of Mormon answer questions of the soul. I have seen people recieve peace through the power of prayer. I saw Heavenly Father work a miracle in this country because of the faith that was in the hearts of the people. I have felt greatest joy and...not going to lie have felt pretty darn low. I have learned that as much as we love people and want to help them...in the end they have their agency. I have seen the blessings of Prayer, Fasting, Diligence, Obedience. I have constantly have had my testimony of the Restauracion del Evangelio and the divinity of the Living Savior, Jesus Christ reconfirmed. I think you could say I've changed. I'm grateful for every experience I have had. I once again realized the importance of ánimo. The importance of unity in a companionship. I'm grateful for this past year. I know that whatever has happened in my family in the past year will be a blessing. That's a promise I have from Heavenly Father. But above all, I'm grateful that I still have one year. Just one. Life goes by fast. I have to work harder this year. I have to have more faith. I have to be more obedient. The best is yet to come.
 
I love you all. Only one more year of this blog.
 
Enjoy these Mormon messages. They're awesome.
 
Happy Valentines Day/Singles Awareness-Day
 
Love, Elder Hyer