Well sounds like life is good at home. They closed schools for FOUR DAYS!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT. Oh and Dad, remember when everyone left last Christmas and I was at home with Roderick and Morris and the Gaylord Texan? Well lets just say they were a few times when i thought the 4runner was never going to get up and down the driveway. So i understand you`re experience. And yes, I imagine that things are a bit different in Wisconsin when it comes to snowdays. By the way, i really liked Greg's profile from mormon.org, his part about how the Gift of the Holy Ghost helps us in our life is awesome.
They released Pdte MacIntire? I always liked him. But that's exciting for Brother Elmer! Say hi to Derek for me when you see him. I was planning on writing him a letter....but then i figured he'd be going home soon and wouldn't get it. haha.
Well my new sector is pretty cool. We have a lot of work to do. The barrio is awesome. Its a barrio that funcions and everything. The two stakes here in Villa Alemana are both really strong. Las Américas is pretty sweet. We actually share a chapel...which is the first time for me in Chile. And we have sacrament meeting last. Its a change...but I'll get used to do it. Now why do I say we have a lot of work to do? Well the Elder that was here before i was here for SIX CHANGES. In other words...NINE MONTHS. And he just went home. He loved the barrio and they loved him...but nine months is a long time. So we'll just say that right now theres not a ton going on. So we got a lot of work to do. So thanks mom for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated. Keep them coming please. My comp is pretty cool. Hes from Virginia and went to Virginia Tech...which is cool and different. It is kinda weird being with a gringo though (its been a long time). And we live by ourselves in a really big pencion. so its really quiet. But i like it. its just different.
Random story, the other day this lady was talking to us from her window. She was telling me about how she was just reading the bible and how important the bible is. and so then i asked, "thats awesome so you have lots of faith in Jesus Christ?" and she responded with, "Yes, we're....how do you call it...we're not catolicos....wait....we're evangelicos" Moral of the story: If you`re going to tell some missionaries what church you go to...make sure you remember what church you go to. or else you look kinda weird. She was a nice lady though.
I can't really think of anything else to say. Thanks dad for that thought. Right now i still tell everyone that I've been out for 11 months. And i can still do that for two more days.
I LOVE YOU ALL. I'll write more next week. Say hi to everyone for me, especially DEREK ASAY!!!!!
Elder Hyer
PS- Alisa I started reading Alma 17-27 highlighting all the things they did that made them successful.....its amazing.