Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Monday, April 25, 2011

Everything has a purpose right?

One, I recieved a report that my email last week was not posted or that the blog wasn´t updated or something like that. Please update thank you.

Two, ¡¡¡¡Congratulations Heather Christensen!!!! I got your announcement this morning at zone meeting.  If i have time, i might be able to come haha ;) Actually, i think we might be having a baptism that day.

Three, thank you for the pictures of Kitchen...looks good.

Four, yes of course Dad i know what San Diego Temple looks like. Im jealous that you got to it.

I hope you all had a good Easter. And that the youth enjoyed Trek. Not even joking, Trek was something that I will never forget. It really strengethened my testimony and it is an experience that I think about a lot.

Well, we have arrived at the end of the cambios. And this week, we, have cambios. Are you guys ready for a story?

So this week I was thinking about cambios. If I would go or if I would stay. Deep down I didn´t want to leave. Because I am not tired of Las Americas and I like working with Elder Pincheira. On friday morning we had a Zone meeting and the Zone leaders started saying that had information about cambios and then started giving us clues and things like that. For me, it totally ruined my focus. So I did what I had to do to get my focus back. And something occurred to me, even when we are content with things, when things are going well, when we don´t want things to change....we never know what Heavenly Father has waiting for us on the other side of the hill. We don´t know if something better is hidden behind the hill. So I got myself refocused and basically felt like, with that idea probably means Im leaving. On Saturday Elder Pincheira and I start talking. And, basically we wanted to stay together. So on Saturday night we had a Stake Activity and the whole Zone was there (on saturday night they tell us if we leave or if we stay...but nothing else). So the moment arrives. Elder Tensmeyer tells us that we are staying together! So me and Elder Pincheira al tiro start to set goals for the next change. We start telling the members on sunday at church etc. So we arrive at sunday night. at like 1045ish our phone rings. It´s the Asistentes. "That´s weird", I thought. "The asistentes usually only call on sunday night to give out new assignments (trainer, district leader etc). So I answer the phone and Elder Jacquer (from France) tells me he has a new assignment for me "Are you sure your calling the right Elder Hyer", I thought. Then I thought, "well maybe Im getting called as District Leader, I can't be training because I'm staying with Elder Pincheira." Then, Elder Jacquer tells me that Im getting called to be a trainer. "WHAT!?" is what leaves my mouth. I was in shock. And so was Elder Pincheira...who was listening. And the other two elders that live with us. Well, it turns out that there is a nuevito that arrives in two weeks (for some reason he is arriving two weeks late..I don't why). So, Elder Pincheira and I are going to stay together for two weeks, until arrives el nuevito and at which point Elder Pincheira will go to Valparaiso. In other words, I am going to be training in two weeks. I'm excited, but I'm still a little in shock...just because I TOTALLY WASN'T EXPECTING IT.  Anyway, that was story for this week.

Everything happens for a purpose right?

I love you all

Elder Hyer