Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Monday, May 9, 2011

Getting Chipped from Daylights Savings TIme

Well llegó Elder Lawrence.

From Orem, UT. My first companion from Utah.

He´s pretty cool. The reason he got here late was because he had heart surgery while he was in the MTC. CRAZY. Its really fun being with a nuevito. His reaction to Chilean spanish is fun. Reminds me of how I was when i got here. "Elder Hyer, she didn´t say any of her S´s". Haha. But he was well recieved by the ward and everything. And for being in chile for 7 days, speaks well.

It was great talking to you guys yesterday. Ale´s mexican spanish still throws me off. haha. Theres just something different about it. haha. Thats cool that Dave is graduating this week. Is it just me, or does everyone seem to come home and live with mom and dad? haha. I didn´t even ask about Roderick, But mom told me he was doing well with Jewels around. I hope you had a happy mothers day mom! And Alisa and Charity and Grandma and Janel as well.

We should be having a baptism on May 21. María Jose, a friend of a member. YAY!!!!!

I don´t have any pictures this week. I´ve been a little tired/stressed this whole week. BUt getting an extra hour on saturday night when CHile turned their clocks back was the greatest thing in the world. I did notice something though. Im totally getting chipped when it comes to this daylight savings time. Because when chile gained an hour last spring i was in utah and we lost an hour. Then chile lost an hour in october. and then when i get back ill lose another hour like two months after. lame. haha.

Its starting to get cold here again. Lame. Oh well, its still fun. sorry this is so short. Have a great week everyone. I´ll take pictures this week. Sounds like Heather´s reception turned out nice. I just realized something though...Foster gets back in like two or three weeks right? CRAZY.

Well I love you all. go check the President and Hermana Gillespies blog. Is there a link to that on my blog dad?

Elder Hyer


Here is the the link