Hola Familia.
This week was pretty good.
MARIA JOSE SE BAUTIZÓ. It was awesome Baptismal Service. Probably one of the best I have had in my mission. The crazy thing was that the Zone Leaders called us and told us that Presidente and Hermana Gillespie were coming to it WITH Elder Jorge F. Zeballos (Area Presidency of Chile). So me and Elder Lawrence were like freaking out and calling the ward to make sure everything was good. And then it turned out super well...its just Elder Zeballos and Presidente Gillepsie got there late. haha. Stake Conference was starting Saturday Night after the baptism. And they got there for that but to late for the baptism. oh well. it was still pretty cool.
So Maria Jose's Grandmother, Elsa...is AWESOME. She felt the spirit really strongly during the baptism and we have had some pretty good lessons with her and Maria. We have invited her to be baptized. And she says yes, but doesn't still want to accept a Fecha. But we had really good lesson last night and cleared up some doubts. And we think she will accept a fecha on wednesday. Which will be super cool. We are also working with a family. They also could accept fechas this week. Hopefully they do. People usually always accept the invitation to be baptized....but then accepting the fecha is different.
So yesterday we had lunch with Hermana Salazar. and her dog just had nine puppies. enjoy the pictures.
Alisa i got your letter. I pretty much loved Davids talk. its so simple and clear. And how often did you guys have cambios when you were on your mission? We have cambios every six weeks. well, the mission has cambios, but not everyone gets changed. and the normal for Mision Viña is to be in one sector for two or sometimes 3 changes (o sea, 3 to 4 and half months).
Janell, sounds like things are good in Nampa. Sounds like you guys have had some fun! I like to hear that Grandma is still moving around and everything. But question...i just found out that Meridan was getting a temple. Me and my comp walked in late to general conf and missed the announcement and when the members told me Idaho was getting a temple none of them could say or remember the name of the city. and i just now recently saw it on the Churches website. But, THATS CRAZY. but i guess there are lots of members. so would that mean you would go the the new temple?
FOSTER IS COMING HOME! TELL HIM I SAY HI.
PETER WALTON, that is awesome about that Family!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda RICE. I also got your letter. thanks for telling me you got married. haha. hope everything is good for you! And yes, i will actually write you a real letter some day.
Thats cool about Sarah Solomon getting a job with Disney. Is she really done with school? thats so weird. i guess thats what happens when you go on a mission. everyone finishes school way faster than you. haha. What is somers neibaur up to? she went to italy for fall right?
The tornadoes. thats crazy. but i did know a little bit about it. the people here tell me about them all the time. except they always get tornadoes and hurricanes mixed up and so they tell me that the US just had a whole bunch of hurricanes. And i look at my companion and we think "isn't tornado season? and not Hurricane season?" It's kind of funny. Thats cool that Ali is as OU. The family in the picture is the Family Machuca. They ones that went to the States for conference. They have a friend from Oklahoma...henceforth the shirts.
Wow, I think write more when I feel like I don't have as much time. I hope all is well. Yesterday we had Stake Conference. It was good. Elder Zeballos spoke, and he said in a meeting all the 70 had with Presidente Monson, Monson said that the message for the members of the Church today is "Keep the commandments of God". Its so simple. Say hi to everyone for me.
I LOVE YOU ALL. Hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Hyer
PS- whats up with my Yardley cousins. I was thinking about them today. Maybe because my comps name is Lawrence and so I thought of Mark and Melinda. but whats up with my cousins?
This week was pretty good.
MARIA JOSE SE BAUTIZÓ. It was awesome Baptismal Service. Probably one of the best I have had in my mission. The crazy thing was that the Zone Leaders called us and told us that Presidente and Hermana Gillespie were coming to it WITH Elder Jorge F. Zeballos (Area Presidency of Chile). So me and Elder Lawrence were like freaking out and calling the ward to make sure everything was good. And then it turned out super well...its just Elder Zeballos and Presidente Gillepsie got there late. haha. Stake Conference was starting Saturday Night after the baptism. And they got there for that but to late for the baptism. oh well. it was still pretty cool.
So Maria Jose's Grandmother, Elsa...is AWESOME. She felt the spirit really strongly during the baptism and we have had some pretty good lessons with her and Maria. We have invited her to be baptized. And she says yes, but doesn't still want to accept a Fecha. But we had really good lesson last night and cleared up some doubts. And we think she will accept a fecha on wednesday. Which will be super cool. We are also working with a family. They also could accept fechas this week. Hopefully they do. People usually always accept the invitation to be baptized....but then accepting the fecha is different.
So yesterday we had lunch with Hermana Salazar. and her dog just had nine puppies. enjoy the pictures.
Alisa i got your letter. I pretty much loved Davids talk. its so simple and clear. And how often did you guys have cambios when you were on your mission? We have cambios every six weeks. well, the mission has cambios, but not everyone gets changed. and the normal for Mision Viña is to be in one sector for two or sometimes 3 changes (o sea, 3 to 4 and half months).
Janell, sounds like things are good in Nampa. Sounds like you guys have had some fun! I like to hear that Grandma is still moving around and everything. But question...i just found out that Meridan was getting a temple. Me and my comp walked in late to general conf and missed the announcement and when the members told me Idaho was getting a temple none of them could say or remember the name of the city. and i just now recently saw it on the Churches website. But, THATS CRAZY. but i guess there are lots of members. so would that mean you would go the the new temple?
FOSTER IS COMING HOME! TELL HIM I SAY HI.
PETER WALTON, that is awesome about that Family!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda RICE. I also got your letter. thanks for telling me you got married. haha. hope everything is good for you! And yes, i will actually write you a real letter some day.
Thats cool about Sarah Solomon getting a job with Disney. Is she really done with school? thats so weird. i guess thats what happens when you go on a mission. everyone finishes school way faster than you. haha. What is somers neibaur up to? she went to italy for fall right?
The tornadoes. thats crazy. but i did know a little bit about it. the people here tell me about them all the time. except they always get tornadoes and hurricanes mixed up and so they tell me that the US just had a whole bunch of hurricanes. And i look at my companion and we think "isn't tornado season? and not Hurricane season?" It's kind of funny. Thats cool that Ali is as OU. The family in the picture is the Family Machuca. They ones that went to the States for conference. They have a friend from Oklahoma...henceforth the shirts.
Wow, I think write more when I feel like I don't have as much time. I hope all is well. Yesterday we had Stake Conference. It was good. Elder Zeballos spoke, and he said in a meeting all the 70 had with Presidente Monson, Monson said that the message for the members of the Church today is "Keep the commandments of God". Its so simple. Say hi to everyone for me.
I LOVE YOU ALL. Hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Hyer
PS- whats up with my Yardley cousins. I was thinking about them today. Maybe because my comps name is Lawrence and so I thought of Mark and Melinda. but whats up with my cousins?