Thats pretty cool about the BYU-Texas game....even if byu ended up losing by one point at the end. oh well.
So this week was pretty cool. We had six investigators come to church yesterday. That was pretty cool. We were thinking there would be three....but then gracias to the members, six were there. So thats pretty cool.
So on thursday i was on intercambios in Miraflores and we ate lunch with this hermana that has been waiting 30 years to be sealed in the temple. She got baptized, and then waiting to find a husband and then all these problems with Chilean laws and policies of the church...she has been faithfully waiting for 30 years. And, if i am not mistaken, she and her husband went on saturday to be sealed. I don't know, I was just thinking about the power of the temple covenants and how sometimes we take them for granted. I don't how many people would faithfully wait for 30 years.
On saturday we did Intercambios, except this time I was in El Mirador. And we talked to this lady that reminded me a lot of Ale. Im not sure why. She just did. She was really interested too.
So, its started to definitly be spring here in Chile. Its definitly getting warmer. I love it. It truly does make me feel like im in California again. Viña is SOOO much like California. its ridiculous.
So thought of the week:
Yesterday in Sacrament meeting the the topic was la obra misional. So what they did was just have like five of the returned missionaries in the ward share their testimonios and experiences. It was really cool. The mission really is such a cool experience. And it goes by so fast. The day of your mission arrives fast, then it happens and it starts going by really fast. It was a good sunday. The First Presidency just sent a letter a couple weeks ago to the area chile allowing young men to leave on their missions at the age of 18 instead of 19. So, there is a push right now to get the young men going and everything.
So, sounds like everything is good back home. Thanks for the pictures dad. They didn't even make me trunky. haha. Alisa, thanks for that story. How long has Pdte. Cifuentes been in the States?
So this Sunday, is El 18 de Septiembre, ¡Chilean Independence! Entonces, I invite you all to eat completos. Its really easy. You will need: Hot dogs, avacado, tomatoes, mayonesa AND hot dog buns (but hot dog buns are sooooo lame. Maybe sister Alkire knows where you can buy good bread for completos). Basically you eat it like a normal hotdog...except con diced tomatoes, avacado, and mayonesa. If im not mistaken this week also is Mexican independence and with Ale and Dave in the house....maybe you could eat tacos and completos....and if you really want to get into you could look up how to make empanadas or Choripan. hmmmm. Sounds like a perfect "sabbath-day friendly" sunday-evening activity. Possibly a great "Family-Home Evening" to invite friends and neighbors to =) =) =)
I expect pictures on monday.
So my companion doesn't know how Garrison Keilor is. Fail. haha. Its ok, we will still get along.
You also want a Chilean dinner idea
Try a typical Chilean Salad:
Lettuce, Tomato, Salt, Lemon Juice and Oil all mixed up into a bowl. It's good. I promise.
Hey, could you send me Caleb and Annika's address. I have a letter for them. I also sent a letter today to Wisconsin....so in about three weeks it should be there.
Have a great week everyone!
¡Feliz Fiestas Patrias!
VIVA CHILE.
I LOVE YOU.
Elder Hyer
PS- So the other Elder Hyer is in Ovalle now. And was on in intercambios the other day in Canihuante....and ate at Hermana Elba's house. How awesome is that?
So this week was pretty cool. We had six investigators come to church yesterday. That was pretty cool. We were thinking there would be three....but then gracias to the members, six were there. So thats pretty cool.
So on thursday i was on intercambios in Miraflores and we ate lunch with this hermana that has been waiting 30 years to be sealed in the temple. She got baptized, and then waiting to find a husband and then all these problems with Chilean laws and policies of the church...she has been faithfully waiting for 30 years. And, if i am not mistaken, she and her husband went on saturday to be sealed. I don't know, I was just thinking about the power of the temple covenants and how sometimes we take them for granted. I don't how many people would faithfully wait for 30 years.
On saturday we did Intercambios, except this time I was in El Mirador. And we talked to this lady that reminded me a lot of Ale. Im not sure why. She just did. She was really interested too.
So, its started to definitly be spring here in Chile. Its definitly getting warmer. I love it. It truly does make me feel like im in California again. Viña is SOOO much like California. its ridiculous.
So thought of the week:
Yesterday in Sacrament meeting the the topic was la obra misional. So what they did was just have like five of the returned missionaries in the ward share their testimonios and experiences. It was really cool. The mission really is such a cool experience. And it goes by so fast. The day of your mission arrives fast, then it happens and it starts going by really fast. It was a good sunday. The First Presidency just sent a letter a couple weeks ago to the area chile allowing young men to leave on their missions at the age of 18 instead of 19. So, there is a push right now to get the young men going and everything.
So, sounds like everything is good back home. Thanks for the pictures dad. They didn't even make me trunky. haha. Alisa, thanks for that story. How long has Pdte. Cifuentes been in the States?
So this Sunday, is El 18 de Septiembre, ¡Chilean Independence! Entonces, I invite you all to eat completos. Its really easy. You will need: Hot dogs, avacado, tomatoes, mayonesa AND hot dog buns (but hot dog buns are sooooo lame. Maybe sister Alkire knows where you can buy good bread for completos). Basically you eat it like a normal hotdog...except con diced tomatoes, avacado, and mayonesa. If im not mistaken this week also is Mexican independence and with Ale and Dave in the house....maybe you could eat tacos and completos....and if you really want to get into you could look up how to make empanadas or Choripan. hmmmm. Sounds like a perfect "sabbath-day friendly" sunday-evening activity. Possibly a great "Family-Home Evening" to invite friends and neighbors to =) =) =)
I expect pictures on monday.
So my companion doesn't know how Garrison Keilor is. Fail. haha. Its ok, we will still get along.
You also want a Chilean dinner idea
Try a typical Chilean Salad:
Lettuce, Tomato, Salt, Lemon Juice and Oil all mixed up into a bowl. It's good. I promise.
Hey, could you send me Caleb and Annika's address. I have a letter for them. I also sent a letter today to Wisconsin....so in about three weeks it should be there.
Have a great week everyone!
¡Feliz Fiestas Patrias!
VIVA CHILE.
I LOVE YOU.
Elder Hyer
PS- So the other Elder Hyer is in Ovalle now. And was on in intercambios the other day in Canihuante....and ate at Hermana Elba's house. How awesome is that?