FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS A ANDY Y ALISA. Y Feliz Día de Labor
So my new companion is from Hibing, Minnesota. He has like 13 months in the mission. He is pretty cool. Its kinda weird being with another Gringo though. Haha.
So really, I don't know if this happens to like all missionaries. But I seriously have like no ganas to write. I would rather just GET letters haha.
Anyway, this week wasn't exactly the week we wanted to have to start off the change, but oh well. Its a new week. And mom, thanks for that story...because I think i inherited that ability to think too much about things and be "realistic and practical" from you. haha. So it helped.
Thats cool that BYU beat Ole Miss in like the last few minutes. Thats cool you guys are going to the BYU-Texas Game. So we entered September, which means Chile starts getting ready for El 18 De Septiembre. O sea, Chilean Independence. Hmmm....good food. Mom, if you see Sister Alkire...ask her what types of Chilean foods she knows how to make.
Ok, so story of the week:
So we have an investigator who's Husband and Mom live in Canada. And she wanted the missionaries to go visit her mom and her husband. So I told her, not really thinking about it, that we could take the address and everything and send the reference to canada. So she gave us all the information. Which in turn, I gave it to Zone Leaders. They thought it was kinda weird that I had a reference for Canada. Anyway....what happened after I gave it to the Zone Leaders, I am not sure. BUT on Friday we went by this investigator and she said that the missionaries had contacted her husband and her mom. Her mom was a little skeptical about it all. In fact while we were there Her mom called and started like yelling her for having begun listening to Los Mormones. But Alejandra (the investigator) was able to explain a lot to her and kind of got her attention. Then she gave me the phone. And I talked to the mom a little bit and told her to call the missionaries back. She said she would. Apparently the missionaries were the only people that helped her move a few years back....and she has always remembered that. I don't know. I just find it amazing that someone from Chile was able to send a reference to one of the Canadian Missions. It just shows that it the missionary work of the church, even though there are like 340 missions, are all working together.
Well I hope all is well back at home. Say hi to people for me. I love you all!
Elder Hyer