Ok, that is so cool that you guys actually followed through with my invitation. It makes me so happy that you invited people and everything. And it looks like there was lots of good food. It was pretty cool here, too. Although last year was more fun I think. But i think that's because it was the Bicentenario last year. And this year it was a Sunday and so all the members were a little bit more tranquilos with it all.
Oh, sorry that I am writing today. On Friday they changed our PDay to tuesday. Because Monday tambien was a holiday and everything was closed. But next week everything will be normal again.
Peter comes home in ten days!!?!? THATS CRAZY!
Ok so a couple things interesting happened this week.
On Wednesday morning at like 4:00 we had a pretty big temblor, like a 6.0 here in Viña/Valparaíso. But really that is not really that big for Los Chileanos. They actually consider everything under a 7.0 a tremor. The thing was that it was long. I didn't completely wake up...but I could definitly feel my bed shaking and the door making a ton of noise. The lame thing was that after there were a couple more. Talk about losing sleep. haha. it was lame. Because we had to get up and then go to a Conference in Valpo. Which by the way, the Valparaíso Stake Center is HUGE. There we listened to Elder Corbrdige, the Area President of Chile. It was really good. Did you know that when the 70 go on Mission Tours they are encouraged to give testimonies particularly about the nature of our Heavenly Father. It was cool. We believe, BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, in El Padre Eterno, the Eternal Father.
So the Stake Presidency of Achupallas es tan patuo o tan pillo. I am not sure how to say that in English. Anyway, why do I say that? Because they all showed up on Sunday (which was the 18 of September....when, like half the ward doesn't go to church) to do what? CHANGE THE BISHOP. That was the exciting news of the weekend. Chamiza got a new Bishop. Its just funny to me that they did it on the 18th of September. What can we learn from this? You should always go to Church...even if it is a big holiday. You never what might you miss. The stake president said two things that were really interesting. He said that if you want to find faults in a Bishop...you will find them, but that critizing the bishop is one step to spiritual apostacy. He also then said, jokingly, that when they look for a new bishop...they look at the Hermanas of the church, find a faithful one and then call her husband as the Bishop. Haha. No, but there really is truth in that statement I believe.
Well, sounds like everything was fun on Sunday. Hey....question....when did the floor in the kitchen change? was that when you remodeled it? Maybe i just never picked up on that detail. Thats lame BYU lost.
Enjoy the pictures. They are all from the hills in Chamiza. And then today we had a Zone activity. We flew kites. Which is kinda of funny because on the of the Zone Leaders is British. And is really into Theatre and Music...and he totally reminds me of Bert from Mary Poppins. "Lets go fly a kite...."
Its crazy, they fly kites like crazy here. Its really cool because they get them REALLY high. And they do it amidst all the powerlines and trees and everything. I think they weirdest thing is that the typical people who fly them are like Flaites up in the hills. Or like...the gangesters. the punk kids in the streets. it was kinda funny at first just because it is so different from what I see at home.
Well I hope all is well in Flower Mound.
Say hi to people for me!
Love, Elder Hyer
ps- The 18 of September was not "Independence Day" it was actually like the first meeting of the national government or something like that. just a correction from what I said last week.







