Hola Familia.
So remember last summer when I flew up to Utah so I could help Alisa drive out to Texas? Well for some odd reason I flew out of the International Terminal from DFW. Anyway, at the gate like two down from me was Flight 945 going to Santiago. No joke, I specifically remember all this stuff. While I was sitting there I thought to myself...that'd be weird if at some future date I came through dallas and flew to Santiago on that flight. Haha, well my thought process was right. Haha. I leave Monday and get into to DFW around 6:25-ish. Then fly from DFW to Santiago on American Airlines Flt. 945, we leave at 9:10 p.m. and get into to Chile at 7:50 a.m. So I will be calling you sometime between 7 and 8 from DFW on Monday. And perhaps earlier while I am in SLC. I can't remember when I leave...i wanna say it's that 2:45-ish flight. so...I'M GOING TO CHILE ON MONDAY!!!!!!! This also means however, Mom....you should overnight that package to me. Because the last time I will be able to check mail will be like Saturday Morning.
So besides that exciting news, this morning I went to the dentist. We even got to ride in a Mercedes. It was pretty cool. The Sister driving us actually has a daughter that lives in Flower Mound, the Jones's in FM2 i think. Anyway, why I was going to the dentist: On Saturday night I was flossing and noticed a tooth that hadn't been there before. Turns out my Wisdom teeth finally decided to come in (it's true, you go on a mission and you gain wisdom). If you remember correctly, I only have two. And on the top. Luckily, the dentist here checked them out and said that I wouldn't need to have them out. I don't have any pain whatsoever. He just said that I might want to have them out after my mission but that they shouldn't be a problem. Which is good, because If i had to have them out....I would not be leaving on Monday. Heavenly Father answers prayers, and thankfully, this time my will matched that of Heavenly Father...YAY! I love it when that happens :).
So conference was pretty sweeeeet. Lots of stuff about families. I really enjoyed Nelson's talk about Family History, it made me think of you Mom. And also Mary because he talked about how he has noticed, even in his toddler granddaughters, that inate sense to want to be nuturing. Mary and her dolls popped into my head immediately. Dad, I'm glad you went to the doctor...because this time you wouldn't have had me there to help you :). Dave, I promise I will write soon. Thanks for all the support I love you all. REMEMBER START SENDING STUFF TO CHILE (unless its a Dearleder before...like Friday Night). To send letters- just go to DearElder and select my mission: Chile Vina del Mar...this is probably the easiest. I'll be calling you all on Monday night. What an awesome FHE activity. I LOVE YOU ALL, ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO READS THIS!
love, elder hyer