HOLA
I´m in the Ovalle Zone in the City of Ovalle, it´s not that small. It´s kinda like flagstaff. This random good-sized city surrounded by nothing. There´s a district here (it used to be a Stake until Elder Holland came changed all that). Anyway, there´s me and my companion in the area/branch called Canihuante, then there´s Elders in 5 other branches in and around Ovalle. There´s listed about 600 members in our Branch. But in typical fashion....about 80 people come a week. My companion tells me that the branch has gotten better in the past little while. We had the three baptisms on Saturday, we have two coming up on Saturday and then we have three more on date for May 15. The May 15th baptisms- It´s a family, the oldest daughter is an active member of the young women´s program and her younger sister and brother (10 and 13) want to be baptized. We go the Mom involved and she´s also getting baptized on May 15. Then there´s the Dad, who is getting excited about the gospel and hopefully a week or so later he´ll be getting baptized to. So keep the Robles in the prayers. Me and Companion were fasting on Saturday for Jenifer (the mom) that she would be able to progress. And Heavenly Father answers prayers. It´s amazing to see how we gets his work done. I´m super excited for May 15th.
Let´s see, at times it all feels really slow. And then other times it all feels really fast. I don´t know. It´s like a roller-coaster ride. I´ve just come to learn that the times that are really hard or for some reason I just feel really down...they never last. So you just have to endure and after an hour so you´re back up again. The langauge....is coming. Slowly. I understand people a little bit more everyday.
So at the baptism me and my companion did a musical number. He´s an awesome piano player and we did this version of I Know My Redeemer Lives. Holy cow, my throat was so dry because we had been fasting and I´m pretty sure I slaughtered the spanish. Oh well. It was cool I guess. I haven´t really sung in a while so it was nice to have a chance to do it again. I´m not sure how Sister Linton would´ve felt about it though. Haha. You guys in FloMo will love this. So on Friday we had a branch activity...supposed to start at 7:30...didn´t start until 8:30. Then the baptism, supposed to start at 6. It´s 6:05 and the Branch President isn´t there, one of the people getting baptized isn´t there and me and My companion still haven´t changed. Haha. Gotta love the Chilean version of Mormon Standard Time. I was just thinking about how the FM-1st ward would react to that situation like that. hahahahaha. Really, think about it...and you´ll laugh.
4000 Students!!!?!? How did that happen!? Oh yeah, its called LISD building FMHS´s freshman campus last, when they should be the first. That´s sad that the Edminstons are moving though. And i got the three dearelders on wednesday at Zone Conference. One from Mom, Dave and Ale, and then one from my friend Mary from BYU-I. Thanks for the letters! But Dad, how come I haven´t heard from you in a while? Say hi to all the college kids for me. It´s weird that they´re already of school. When does Johnathan Lui leave? My stomach is slowly getting bigger. SLOWLY. but it is happening. Oh, tell the Hammonds that I met Elder Ballantyne. He´s in their ward and reported October 7th. Tell Alicia congratulations! And Whitney Neibaur is married!? Wow, I guess I really have been gone for almost 3 months. When are the Pace´s moving? What about the Ormes? Our little Mormon Colony in Whicita Chase is shrinking. Well, I guess most of us have graduated...but still. Oh Dad, do you know Stephen Payne? One of our investigators has a cousin in DFW who is married to Stephen Payne who says he knows you. Random I know. What´s the latest on Institute? When will you start your class up again mom? Dave and Ale when do you guys have finals? Hmmm...what else. What´s the latest on Peter, Foster, Derek, Jason, Ryan, and Jason? Well, I think i´m going to go. The mission is hard. But fun. I´m learning that we just have to ALWAYS be praying. We can´t do any of this without the Lord and Heavenly Father. If you can, go to the temple...beause I´m not sure if i´ll be able to go for about 22 months. Anyway, I LOVE EVERYONE who reads this blog thing (family, have you had the chance to look at those pictures?). Stay Positive and In the words of my companion "Elder, the gospel is so true. It´s just so complete"
Love,
Elder Hyer