So first, about Mothers Day, I don´t know when I'm calling. Sometime this week I will call to like set up a time and everything. But that's all I know. Mothers Day kinda sneaks up on you. It's not like Christmas. Haha. Anyways...
This week was pretty good. My companion is not only my trainer but also the district leader so on Wednesday and Friday he left to intercambios with the other two areas in our district. So, I spent wednesday and friday with latin companions. Which was actually really cool. Heavenly Father is always looking out for you. On Wednesday I was paranoid that I wouldn't know the area well enough and everything. But with prayer and faith anything is possible. I ended up having two really good days on Wednesday and Friday. I am however, starting to get frustrated with the language. It's all good though, it'll come eventually. Some days are better than others. Some lessons are better than others. It's really interesting how this whole language thing works. I am however understanding a little bit more everyday. It's just I don't always the time to think of how to respond fast enough.
On Saturday we had two more baptisms. Lorena and Elba. Both of them are AWESOME. Lorena is the hermana of Juan Pablo, who was baptized last week. Anyway, she's way awesome- she like taught herself how to study the scriptures and she uses the Gospel Principles manual and everything. Ahh. awesome. Then there is Elba. who is awesome. She is the Tia of a deacon who got baptized a while back. Anyway, she's one of those people that all the auxilaries want. The RS wants her the YW want her. She'l be a great strength for this branch. THEN on May 16 we´re baptizing a family! Please keep La Familia Robles in your prayers. They´re the eptiome of a Mormon Family, they just all need to be baptized (one daughter, Francisca, got baptized a couple years ago).
This week Elder Birchall and I are focusing a lot on finding and getting the members excited about the work. Because we need new people teach. I've seen a lot of how the concluding stages of the process, but I haven't had a chance to really see the beginning of the teaching process. So this week we're hoping work with the members and find new people.
Què Màs. The food isn't bad. Just a lot of it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to become famous for being the Elder that never eats. haha. I actually had pasta twice this past week though.
Oh and yes. Ovalle is five hours from Viña. Which means I'm five hours from the Mission Office. Which means, that I will gratefully recieve dear elders from people about once a month. So Dad, you can email me. I have an hour and half of email time every monday. Anything else exciting happening in FloMo? Say hi to all college kids for me, and Johnathan. Has anyone heard anything about Dayne? Mom, I think the Elders living in our house would be a great idea. Haha. That´s cool that you went to San Antonio. I know about that stage think you're talking about. I think Showbiz almost performed there back in the day. I remember going to the Alamo, I personally thought it was kinda boring...but then again it was July in San Antonio. But our Hotel on the Riverwalk was way cool. Ah, fun times on Showbiz Tour. Well, I'll be talking to you all on Sunday I guess. I'll have 45 minutes from what I've been told. So think of things to tell me. Say hi to everyone for me. Always remember to laugh. and to pray. thanks for all the support. Mom, i'll talk to you on sunday about what things I need. love you all. have an AMAAAAZZZZZIIINNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGg day. help out the missionaries. haha.
love,
Elder Hyer
PS-how's the other Flower Mound 1st ward missionaries? Tell Lindy that I'm super excited for her!
PPS- did you ever put those pictures on the blog?
PPPS- vinadelmarmission.com is the mission blog that President and His wife update...go look at it sometime.