Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Monday, May 10, 2010

Nothing Has Changed...

...Since yesterday when I talked to Mom and Dad on the phone. But, for those of you who I can´t talk to you and still read this blog thing, life here in Ovalle, sector Canihuante, is good. I´m starting to really love the mission. I seem to have forgotten some essentials to tell you all about:

I live in a casa, well in the states it would be like a du-plex. We have one room where we all sleep, a ridicously small kitchen, two study rooms, a bathroom and a big front room where all our clothes are. There´s four of us living together. Me and my companion (Elder Birchall) and the the Elders of Limari (Elder Robinson and Elder Selios). It´s pretty cool. But on Wednesday we did intercambios with the Zone Leaders, so I spent the night at the Zone Leaders house...IT¨S HUGE! anyway. yeah. life is good here in Canihuante. La Familia Robles are getting baptized on Sunday May 16. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. They´re super cool. I´m way excited.

Honestly there is not much else to tell. Elder Birchall and I did get to go to Monte Patria (this little pueblo out in the country) on Saturday because Elder Birchall had to conduct a baptismal interview for the Elders out there who are in the District. It´s a cool little town. it´s in this little valley. Dave, on P-Day we have to clean the apt, we have an hour and half to use the internet, then we go get groceries and what not, sometimes we go down into Centro (like downtown) to get stuff. Sometimes we go to TelePizza. Yum. But other than we just kinda relax. We don´t really have that much time when it comes down to it. Plus, there´s not much to do here in Ovalle anyway.

I love you all. Expect a better email next week.

Elder Hyer