Hola Familia
So my first cambio (change) is ending. Weird. It went by really fast. I´m excited for the next one though. We´ve got a nice little pool of investigators and right now have two with fecha for june. Stefany is 15 and she´s the daughter of a Menos-Activa that has started coming back to church. Then there is also Amanda who is the cousin of Juan Pablo and Lorena (the brother and sister who got baptized this change). Holy cow, Juan Pablo and Lorena are amazing at sharing the gospel. Not only does Amanda have a fecha we´ve taught two of there other cousins a couple times too. There is also the La Familia Lopez. They are AWESOME. And yesterday the Mom and the 21-yr-old daughter came to church!!!!!!!!!! We´ve been working on that for like four weeks! They liked it. And last night Elder Birchall and I went had a short lesson with them. They´re super close to hitting a turning a point. They don´t quite understand the need for the Restoration yet. But they love listening to us and are super receptive. We just gotta get them to understand the idea of the Apostacy a little bit better. Keep them in your prayers!
On Wednesday we went up to La Serena for Conference. It was awesome! We talked a lot about how to find people to teach and how to work with members. Which was way good. What else interesting happened this week. It was pretty standard. It´s weird that the cambio is over though. Tonight have Zone meeting (usually we have it Tuesday morning) and there we will find out all about cambios and what not. Actually, I already know somethings (the perks of having a companion who got a call from Presidente on Saturday night :) ). But since I´m not supposed to know persay and since I don´t know everything...i´ll wait to tell you. Haha. I do however believe I´m staying in Canihuante.
I promise i´m going to email pictures someday. Perhaps next week. If you go on the that website (the mission president blog) you can see pictures from the baptisms. Look under April and May. You can also look at some pictures from Zone conference.
Life back home sounds good. I´m not sure if i can pictures Alisa living Wisconsin though. Well, I can. I just never would´ve thought of it. But I hope that works out and that they end up where they are supposed to be! Haha, Alicia going to the U!?!? Haha, that´s kinda funny. I´m sure Dave and Ale and Dad will have a blast in Mexico. From what I understand Mexicans speak a pretty understandable spanish. Chileans on the other hand......haha. wow. There´s a ton of slang here and people drop consonants like no other. I got a whole bunch of dearelders from people on Wednesday at Conf. So the shoutouts for this week are: Meagan (that stinks about your $200, but at least you gotta job right!? are you living with any of the same people next year?), Mary (I LOVE YOUR LETTERS), Beth (YOU´RE GETTING MARRIED!!?!?), Cherie (You´re almost graduated!?!?!) and Kelly Quinn (When i realized who the postcard was from...I liked freaked. haha. Have fun Italy! that´s way cool!). And like I said last week. Someday, I will write you. I just don´t know when.
The adventure this week has been the showers. Our gas has been acting really weird. and the showers are therefore really flaky when it comes to being hot or cold. And this morning we filled a huge pot of just hot water from the sink in the kitchen. And then used that wash ourselves off in the shower. Haha. Ah man. it was funny. what I did is turned on the shower very slightly just to get myself wet. then i soaped and shampooed myself and then used the pot and a bowl to rinse everything off. Haha.
I think me and Elder Birchall are going to get a take-n-bake pizza from Lider (basically Walmart). I love you all. The Church is true!
-Elder Hyer