Hola Familia.
This week was pretty good. And I´m getting adjusted to the change. WHich is good, because now we´re on week 3. Already. I haven´t been able to decided if this change is going by faster or slower than the first. I guess we´ll see how I feel in three weeks. My problem this week was that I´ve been really excited about the future. Like what areas of the mission will I be in, the people i´ll meet, the other companions I´ll have and everything. So I´ve been trying to focus myself on this week, this day, this hour etc. On friday my companion did intercambios, so he went to Limari (the other area that we share the pension with) for the day. And I got to be with Elder Schiller. Who is being trained and has like 15 days in chile, no más. So i´m not going to lie I was little nervous. Because we´re two gringos and he knows the language even less than me. But, as always Heavenly Father answers prayers. It actually turned out to be a pretty good day. I think it was really good for me too because now I have a little more confidence in my language.
I have a story for you. I may have already told you this, but I´ll tell it better this time:
So, one day two changes ago Hna. Maria Huenante gave Elder Birchall and Elder David a reference for her cousins Juan Pablo and Lorena. The Elders stopped by and started teaching Juan Pablo. Lorena wasn´t totally interested. But Over time she started talking with the missionaries too and starting progressing with her brother Juan Pablo. Then changes happened and Elder Birchall and I finished the teaching with Lorena and Juan Pablo and both of then got Baptized (Juan Pablo on April 24 and Lorena on May 1). Elder Birchall and I then started teaching Juan Pablo and Lorena´s cousin Amanda. And she started progressing and we put a baptismal date with her for June 12. Then changes happened again. And Elder Machado and I continued teaching Amanda and began teaching Angie, the 13-yr-old niece of Lorena and Juan Pablo. Angie now has a baptismal date for June 26. Let´s count: Juan Pablo, Lorena, Amanda, Angie (plus the daughter of Lorena and Amanda´s two younger children). That´s seven people. And all because one person opened their mouth. Now, I realize that not every invitation to FHE or mutual or reference to the missionaries is going to result in seven people having the gospel brought to them. But, we never know. We don´t always realize the impact of the small and simple things that we do. But being able to watch this happen, has been amazing. It´s something that I didn´t learn before my mission: it really does take the efforts of members.
That´s my story for you guys this week.
Life in Flower Mound sounds pretty exciting. Mary sounds like a joy to have in sacrament meeting. Haha. Shes cute though right? A birthday party at winkids for david? I´m sure Alisa has some pretty good reasons for that though. Oh yes, Elba (a convert from last change) I think added me on Facebook, that´s probably how dave got those pictures. She´s the one that has the cousin who is married to the lawyer that apparently knows dad. Stephen Payne i think was the name. That´s exciting about Lindy and Johnathan!!!!! I wanna say Nicole Westenskow goes into the MTC like next week too. When are the Paces moving? And when will you no longer be in Flower Mound mom? When is the exodus to Park City taking place. Soon right? Doesn´t Alicia get married like 17th or something like that? I think i´m going to try writing letters today. Not sure when I´ll get them sent, but I´m going to try writing them today. So if you´ve written me a dearelder since I left the MTC....you could be getting letter sometime...in like a month. haha. That´s pretty cool about the Almond Extract mom. Way to almost kill the Elders. Haha. Just kidding. And I can see the Amazement on everyone's faces right now. haha. That was definitely someone else urging you to say something. Well, Chile is pretty cool. We have two baptisms on Saturday. Amanda and Stefany. I´m excited. The Zone of Ovalle right now has like 20 with fecha for the month of June. Exciting!!!! Anyway. I think i´m going to try to upload some pictures. We´ll see how that works. Say hi to everyone for me! I love you all! And Dad, yes Elder Robinson and I were talking about the cold showers thing and how we are SUPER lucky to be in Chile and be in a place that has warm water. Don´t worry, we count our blessings. The Church is true! Hows the other Flower Mound missionaries doing?
Love,
Elder Hyer