Hola!
So yes, transfers.
Elder Birchall left to open a new zone up as zone leader (Viña del Mar Oeste). He found out saturday night, and then sunday his new comp (who was the AP up until a week ago) called and through him Elder Birchall found out who my comp was and then told me, so I guess we technically cheated...but whatever, está bien. Anyway He left monday night at like midnight and my new companion got here last tuesday at like five. His name is Elder Machado an he´s from the northern part of Argentina, the Resistencia mission actually. He´s pretty cool. He works really hard and I´m excited for the cambio. However, as I talked to presidente in interviews yesterday, this will probably be the hardest change of the mission. Because you get used to your trainer and the way they work. Then all of sudden everything is totally different. Elder Machado is an awesome missionary, just works completely differently from Elder Birchall (and I really liked the way Elder Birchall worked). So, needless to say this past week has been a little rough. But it´s been getting better day by day. And my spanish has already began to improve a lot. Elder Machado is also the district leader, so looks like I´ll be doing lots of intercambios this change again. But yeah, things have been a little rough with the adjustment and everything, but it´s starting to fall into place. We have three (technically four i guess) investigators with fecha. So please keep Amanda, Stefany, Alvaro, and Angie in your prayers. There´s also the Lopez family that we´re continuing to work with as well, keep them in your prayers as well. They´re an awesome family, just need some motivation to commit to things.
We had a special conference in La Serena with Elder Jensen of the 70 on friday. It was pretty cool. I love conferences. They´re so refreshing. I´ll have more exciting things to write next week I think. Oh, why i´m emailing on tuesday. We had a change in plans for this week. We had interviews yesterday with President and Hermana Gillespie, so things got swtiched for this week. But next week it´ll be back to normal. Sounds likes Dad had fun in Mexico. Everyone here thinks its cool that my sister-in-law is from mexico when I tell them about my family. It´s really interesting when people ask questions about the states. Especially when it comes to food. Because the food in the states is so mixed in with other cultures you know? It´s something that I had not really noticed until I got here. The World Cup is getting started soon right? People are starting to get excited here. I guess Chile actually has a somewhat good team this year. I believe they play either Spain or Honduras first.
So Madison it is? That´s exciting, I´m glad that Alisa and Greg know where they are going to go and everything. Sounds like Church was good on sunday, please send me your talk mom! That´s awesome about Lindy Pace, tell her congratulations for me! And tell Johnathan Lui goodluck! Any word on what Dayne has been up to? So when is the traditional summer exodus to utah beginning? That´s cool about Andy and the deck, that´ll be quite the job. Hows grandma and Janell? So I got some DearElders the other day. I understand that FMHS is doing Les Miz next year? About time, I was wondering when they were finally going to do that show. that´s really exciting though! Whoa, is this like the last week of school? Weird. that means nathan and hunter and robin and them are almost graduated. Wow, i feel old. It´s so weird that its June. And here its like cold and cloudy. when normally I´m used to hotness and humidity. So when are they building the new stake center? Have they started yet? I promise some day I will send pictures and respond to the dear elders I have gotten. I really promise. So Mary is potty-trained now huh? And David is almost five?! Weird. Hows Roderick? Well I miss you all. But I really like it here in Chile. It´s an adventure. thanks for all the support. And I promise, everything is good. Hopefully next week I´ll more exciting stuff to tell you. The Atonement is real. I Love you all!
love,
Elder Hyer
PS- Don´t ask me why, but the AP´s and other office elders totally remind me of Dave. Everytime they say or do something in a conference its like I´m seeing some different version of my brother. haha.