HOLA.
So the temple was amazing. I´ll send pictures next week. I also realized that im really glad im in la mision Viña and not one of the Santiago missions.
Dad, I like the christmas card a lot. Sorry for ruining your weekend.
So this week I realized something cool. So you know that scripture in First Nephi. Chapter 2 verse 15 where all it says is " And my father dwelt in a tent". I remember with my roommates in college always joking about that scripture just because it was SO random. Well this week we were at a members house and we asked her to share a favorite thought from the Book of Mormon with us. And that is the scripture she shared. Heres why, she said she had always wondered why that scripture was in there, why was it important. she one day she realized that Lehi was kind of an important person. i mean, he was a prophet of God...and yet he left everything behind, his comfotable house and all his riches to follow the counsel of God. For a time he lived in a tent in the wilderness. To her she said it taught her something. we don´t always need to have the biggest house and all the coolest toys. the important thing is that we follow the prophet and follow Heavenly Father. And i mean think about it, Joseph Smith. He was a prophet. And look at what he went through. Look at what he dealt with in his life. I don´t know if this is making any real sense. BUT, i now understand the importance of 1 Nephi 2:15 that says, "And my father dwelt in a tent".
Mom. I will be making a setup phone call on WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 22. I don´t know what time it will be at. BUT, i do need to have numbers. What phone should I call. So next monday could you need to send all the numbers you could possible think of. And at somepoint on the 22 ill call you to coordinate for the call on Christmas.
Have an awesome and safe trip to Utah. We were listening to christmas music this morning in the pencion. And i actually thought of Madrigal Dinner. Yeah, i remember the last one being kind of sad. Oh well, it was fun though.
Sounds like everything is going good. Life in Chile is good. Its really pretty here. i basically look to my right and see wasatch front mountians and then look to my left and see the beach and the ocean. its pretty cool. have an amazing week. next weeks email will be better.
I LOVE YOU ALL
ELDER HYER
So the temple was amazing. I´ll send pictures next week. I also realized that im really glad im in la mision Viña and not one of the Santiago missions.
Dad, I like the christmas card a lot. Sorry for ruining your weekend.
So this week I realized something cool. So you know that scripture in First Nephi. Chapter 2 verse 15 where all it says is " And my father dwelt in a tent". I remember with my roommates in college always joking about that scripture just because it was SO random. Well this week we were at a members house and we asked her to share a favorite thought from the Book of Mormon with us. And that is the scripture she shared. Heres why, she said she had always wondered why that scripture was in there, why was it important. she one day she realized that Lehi was kind of an important person. i mean, he was a prophet of God...and yet he left everything behind, his comfotable house and all his riches to follow the counsel of God. For a time he lived in a tent in the wilderness. To her she said it taught her something. we don´t always need to have the biggest house and all the coolest toys. the important thing is that we follow the prophet and follow Heavenly Father. And i mean think about it, Joseph Smith. He was a prophet. And look at what he went through. Look at what he dealt with in his life. I don´t know if this is making any real sense. BUT, i now understand the importance of 1 Nephi 2:15 that says, "And my father dwelt in a tent".
Mom. I will be making a setup phone call on WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 22. I don´t know what time it will be at. BUT, i do need to have numbers. What phone should I call. So next monday could you need to send all the numbers you could possible think of. And at somepoint on the 22 ill call you to coordinate for the call on Christmas.
Have an awesome and safe trip to Utah. We were listening to christmas music this morning in the pencion. And i actually thought of Madrigal Dinner. Yeah, i remember the last one being kind of sad. Oh well, it was fun though.
Sounds like everything is going good. Life in Chile is good. Its really pretty here. i basically look to my right and see wasatch front mountians and then look to my left and see the beach and the ocean. its pretty cool. have an amazing week. next weeks email will be better.
I LOVE YOU ALL
ELDER HYER