Well. This week was good. I have some pretty cool stories for you all. Thanks Dad for sending me Alisa's post about the Brat fest. Because now I'll be able to explain how not all the "hot dogs" in the States are lame. Because lets be honest. Normal Hot Dog vs a Completo. Completo. Easily. Completo vs A Brat from Brat Fest.....a little more difficult. haha.
So life is just full of surprises....
1) One on Tuesday night the Zone leaders call us with a reference. She's basically a reference of Gold. Heres why. Her best friend for twenty years is a member and has been talking to her about the Church for 20 years. Because of her Friend, thsi women has already had the temple work for her father done and now wants it done for her mother. Her mother died like a year ago and since then has been looking for peace. Well when I am writing the address down I realize that we talked to this women in the street Elder Lawrence's first night in Chile. She had asked us for the the information on the Hermanas because the hermanas helped her carry some stuff or something. And they gave her a book of Mormon and she was left with this desire to talk to them more. Well, she lives in our sector and we took the address down and talked to the hermanas, went by the house but wasn't there. ANYWAY. so like four weeks later the zone leaders give me the exact same information. We go, we teach her, she comes to church and shes now preparing to be baptized on June 25. Life is just full of Surprises. Heavenly Father has a way for all of his prepared children to recieve the Gospel.
2) Because of fasting we had four people at Church on Sunday...its been awhile since Las Americas has had that many people at Church. It was amazing. AND, we think Sandrino might be interested again. We went by on Saturday night and he said he wanted to go to the Church...that he had some things to talk to God about. I´ll keep you posted. It was unplanned to go by his house too. We had completely dropped him. Life is full of surprises.
3) I'M STAYING IN LAS AMERICAS FOR ANOTHER CHANGE. In other words, I will be here for at least six months. Life is full of surprises. I really did not expect to stay, And to be perfectly honest...in a lot of ways I was ready and wanted to leave. So life is full of surprises. Everything has a reason. everything has a purpose. Sometimes the Will of God is not what we expect. So we have to be humble and align our will with his *tries to be humble*. Obviously there is still some stuff I have to finish/learn here in Las Americas.
Sounds like everything is going good at home. Thanks for the updates mom. I think about the FMHS Theatre/Choir kids sometimes. I also didn't know that Greg and LeAnn had moved to Springville. Sounds like Summer should be cool. Well i gotta go. Talk to you all later.
Elder Hyer
PS- so last night it rained, and they had a little bit of lightning and thunder. It made me really excited. its been a REALLY long time since I have heard thunder or seen lightning.