Hola Familia.
So this week was pretty good. Chamiza is a pretty cool place. Elder Da Silva is pretty cool too. Andy, he lives in the Brasil Santa Maria Mission. In the city of Uruguaiana (i think thats how you spell it) in Rio Grande del Sul. Maybe you have been there? Its interesting talking with him, because neither of us is a native spanish speaker...but thats the language we use to communicate. He actually kinda has like a german accent when he speaks spanish. but the other day we did study in English, Spanish and Portugues. Between the two of us we can talk to like 90% of the Church. Isn't that interesting?
So a little about Chamiza. Its basically the top of Viña. And thats quite of few very steep hills. its been fun getting used to hills again. Las Americas was pretty flat. But the cool thing about being a missionary is that you get to see all the amazing things that a typical turist never experiences. Because no joke....the BEST view of Viña/Valpo/and the Mountians are not from the trendy turist spots. Rather, from the humble homes that are built up on the top of the hills. I didn't bring my camera with me so I didn't take pictures, but seriously from the top of Chamiza you can see all of Viña, Valpo, the ocean, Con-Con up the coast to Quintero and then turn around and see Quilpue, Villa Alemana and across valleys to the Mountains of Chile. This country has some amazing views. I love Chile.
This week was a little odd. I was just in Las Americas for so long that its like you get like homesick for your old barrios. But this should be a good experience. The Estaca Achupallas is awesome, the stake leaders really like to support the missionaries in new converts and not just menos-activo retention rates. And the stake president is the Brother-in-Law of the Lider Misional from Las Americas. Pretty crazy huh?
I invite you all to go watch the Mormon Message, Moments that Matter Most on lds.org. It speaks a lot of truth. And there is also another one on the homepage about being a child of God. watch that one too.
Sounds like Texas has been nice and hot. And that Utah has been nice and enjoyable. Wait, so is everyone going to Texas in August or something?
Wow, Peter comes home in no time. thats so weird. Hes old.
Speaking of Pyhlis and your idea of her writing a book mom....she should totally do it. Because then it could get turned into a play...and then from there get turned into One-Acts for Texas High Schools competing in UIL. Small town dramas. Perfect settings for One-Acts. Rimers of Eldritch. wow that was forever ago. Good memories. if there are any former Paws or Prents or techies that read these....hope life is good! I actually got a letter from Mike Severian (sp?) the other day. Sounds like he is getting ready for College.
I got a couple letters this week. Hopefully i will be able to respond to them sometime soon. haha.
Yesterday we got asked to share with the Young Mens how to prepare for missions. Which is kind of annoying thing to have to talk about. I am not going to lie. Because really the only way to prepare for the mission is to BE ACTIVE IN THE GOSPEL. Go to church, read the scriptures, get a job, be responsible, study well in school, attend seminary and Institute, fulfull callings and assignments, follow the counsel of leaders, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS, do you your part as a member-missionary, read Preach My Gospel, enjoy the programs the Church has for youth and YSA, develop your talents etc. Be active in life. Actively live the Gospel. That is how you can "prepare" for a mission.
Well I gotta go.
I love you all.
Elder Hyer