I remember when I first got to Las Americas and said that it would be a big test. Then Alisa sent me an email saying that she tambien was in a sector called Las Americas that was also really hard, but in the end that was a moment in her mission where she grew alot. Well, after six months...I'm leaving Las Americas. And Alisa was right, I have grown a ton in this sector. I Definitely am a very different missionary.
Do you guys remember Elder Vasquez? My comp from Nueva Aurora? Well, he is COMING to Las Americas. isn't that crazy!? So at least I'll be leaving my hijito in good hands. haha. Well, as for me...I am going to back to Viña, except this time to the Estaca (stake) Achupallas. Im sure Hermana Alkire will recognize that name. I'll be in the barrio Chamiza....and my comp is Elder Da Silva....the only Brasilian in the mission! Im so excited to learn some portugues! haha.
This week was pretty cool. We had a couple really powerful lessons. Missionaries have a very special calling, and with that comes a certian power that god gives us through the Holy Ghost. I won't say more, because it is very personal...but I had a couple really special experiences with that this week- the power and spirit of my calling as a missionary.
Sounds like everything is good back home.
Happy Birthday Alicia and Julie Anderson.
Oh yes, in response to the friend of Kathy. In October they are doing this huge celebration, commerating the 50th aniversary of La Mision Chileana. In other words, 50 years ago Chile recieved its first mission. They are doing this big celebration in Santiago. (kind of like a Temple Dedication Cultural celebration I think). I am not sure if we will be able to go as missionaries....but maybe.
That is cool that the youth are reading the Book of Mormon again this summer. I remember our first summer in Texas was the first time we did that. And it was the Book of Mormon. Wow, we have lived in texas for a long time.
Wow, I can't really think of that much to say this week. Oh mom, I did get the package. Thanks for the shirts and the cookies. that basically were awesome. Oh, and for future reference....this has never happened to me before, but my package got here with a sticker that said it had been opened and inspected. i don't think anything got stolen. BUT, to avoid this, you just put like pictures of Jesus or the Virgin Mary all over the package and usually then they won't open it.
Well last night Chile got eliminated from the Copa America. We saw part of the game at a Menos-Activos house (it was dead outside). They lost 2-1 to venazuela. but, in my opinion...chile should´ve won (and i don't say that just because I kind of consider myself chilean now) they got robbed a couple goals. BUT, on the brightside....we will be able to work normally on Wednesday and Sunday. Speaking of futbol, Chiles like starplayer, Alexis Sanchez, is only like 21 and is already getting paid crazy amounts of Euros to play for Barcelona. I just think its crazy how young he is.
I really can't think of that much to say. I think I will just end this here. and upload some pictures.
I love you all. The Church is true. Jesus Christ lives and is nuestro salvador. Joseph Smith was a prophet. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. Just like Moses, Noah, Adam, etc.
Have a great week!
Elder Hyer
ps- yesterday, i had waffles WITH ice cream. it was amazing.