Hola.
How is everyone doing? Not going to lie this week was rough. You know when you get down and you're not actually sure why or how...and you can't get yourself out of it? Yeah. that was me. But, its better now. I think i'm just getting a little stir-crazy. Because we've had beautiful weather...and it's making me wanna run down the street to all the people I know at BYU and go do stuff. I promise thought, I've been focused. We had a Devotional yesterday with Lynn G Robbins of the 70, it was pretty good. I really liked however what is wife talked about. Overcoming Fears. I Really needed that. Elder Robbins also quoted Winston Churchill "Success is going from failure to failure without the loss of a positive attitude" Actually, i know that is not the exact quote. But I didn't bring it with me. So that's as close as I can remember it. Haha, but you get the idea.
On Monday the oldest District in our Zone left. They were the district just older than us. It's sad. It's really weird without them around. And what's even weirder is that my district is now the oldest. WHAT!?!? We have to be good at stuff now? Haha. Overall life is pretty good. Things are just kinda bi-polar. UP and down, UP and down, down, down, UP, UP, UP, UP down, Up and hopefully landing somewhere in the arms of Heavenly Father.
I talked to a guy going to the Oakland/San Francisco Mission the other day...I guess they combined them? What else is exciting. OH, thanks for all the packages everybody! I think last week the Elders in my district got like 7 packages total. It was a quite some feasting. Thanks for the Waltons for the DearElder cookies...they basically made my day. AND OF COURSE THANKS FOR THE TIES FAMILY. I LOVE THEM SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. You have no idea. And Dave thanks for the Cinamon Rolls. I really do appreciate all the letters and packages. Especially since I know it'll be harder to recieve those in the fields, I'm trying really hard to appreciate them now. So thank you. And yes I've been following the NCAA a little bit...mostly because my Companion has to go to the Trainer's office during gym time. And the trainers office is staffed by BYU Athletic Trainers...so I hear about whats going on. Haha.
Well, I'm kinda running out of things to say. I love you all. Thanks for all the support. I love getting letters here, but if you want....you can also write me a DearElder and then send it to my mission, that way It'll be there when I arrive. AHH. CRAZINESS. This is going to be an adventure. But that's ok, Adventures fun. Especially if Heavenly Father is there to make even better. PURA VIDA
Love,
Elder Hyer
PS- I'm glad you got my email last week. I almost lost sleep over it.
PPS- Break-a-leg Paws with One-Act
PPPS- Hermana Montandon started singing Dora the other day...and it made me miss David and Mary.