Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subject: CRAZY
BAHH!!!! On Friday me and companion had to get a ride to the BYU Health Center. And the guy that drove us was telling us all about the MWC tournament. Anyway, we were talking about how weird it would be if both BYU and New Mexico lost in the semi-finals. haha, kinda ironic that actually happened. Maybe it was punishment for that guy bringing up wprldly stuff with the missionaries. haha. Yeah, we didn't celebrate Pie Day in the MTC. BUT, know one told us about daylight savings time until like 9:30 p.m. saturday night. Lameface. Yeah, the MTC was a pretty quiet place Sunday morning. Ok so stories from this week: On Sunday after the fireside the guy playing the exit music or whatever on the organ was playing a song that sounded so ridicously familiar to me. And I couldn't think of what it was until these words came into my head "....jaguar spirit ever present.....we will fight united by our silver, white, and navy blue..." Yes, he was playing the same old hymn (no clue what it is) that the Flower Mound Alma Mater is set to. I thought it was funny, because when i realized what it was I started talking outloud. I guess only high schools in texas have school songs, because my district thought I was crazy. haha. Oh, so then on Thursday night, Elder Lisonbee (from Highland, UT) got a package. With Chocolate cake in it. with four forks. And let's just say the elders in my district went a little nuts over it, let's just say that we savagely consumed it. Our Zone kind of thought we were crazy for about a day. And most likely still do. haha. So yesterday was AWESOME. Quentin L Cook came and gave us a Devotional. Holy cow, it was amazing. Then afterward we had a district devotional review and the spirit was so ridiciously strong. It was an awesome night. He talked alot about the Savior and the Spirit in general. I think sometimes we get so caught up in the Book of Mormon and the Restoration that sometimes Our Savior and Redeemer gets pushed into the background. When really, all of this is possible because of him. For the most part I'm doing good. Spanish is hard. But fun. It'll come, I just have to work hard. Thanks for sending me those emails mom. I'm little jealous that Jason is already in the field. And yes, I'll let you know what I still need for Chile. I know moleskin and multiviatims were on the list. Alisa, thanks for the blog entry. David sure does think about a lot of stuff for a someone his age. And I'm glad Mary still dances in my room. Hows Roderick? Dad thanks for the letters in Spanish. So Dave doesn't work at APX anymore? And really, license plate. make it happen, if it's legal and all. Has anyone backed-up my computer yet? Hows Grandma and Janel? So yesterday in Devotional review, one of the Hermanas in the my district made this comment (I'm changing it a little to apply it to Elders), but it was something to this effect: "growing-up we always view the mission as 24 months, but we only have 23 months left...time is already starting to go by so fast". I thought it was an interesting thought. I'm really starting to lose track of time. I should actually be getting my flight plans for Chile in a week or so. CRAZINESS. Because I don't know Spanish. But thats ok, right? Find Joy in the Journey. Find Joy in the Journey. Come What May and Love It. PURA VIDA. I Love you all SOOOOOOOOOOO Much (and by all, I mean whoever reads these emails). Thanks for all the letters. OH, mom is there way you can gather up the addresses for Foster, Derek, Peter, Jason, Jason, Ryan etc? I never even thought to write them down before I left. Thank you. I LOVE YOU ALL. And ask Ale and Dave if they use Subjunctive a lot. I'm just curious. I'm excited for mas corbatas. Yay for more individuality! Quote of the Week: "Cómo se dice ¨how?" Tell me why that's funny and you'll be awesome! Love, Elder Hyer