Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Monday, January 24, 2011

I have sand EVERYWHERE

HOLA

So I have three stories/items of business:

1) So we had mini misioneros. It was pretty cool. My companion was named Gabriel from Miraflores, Achupallas, Viña Del Mar. We had a pretty good week i guess you could say. he was pretty cool. hes 17 and turns 19 in sept 2012. we had one really cool experience, which shows how we recieve revelation based on our conocimiento (knowledge). So we had just gotten a lot oso. in other words no one was home. so we decided to pray to know what we should do. a name of something we had talked that lived close by al tiro entered my mind. I asked Gabriel, what are going to do. he said "i don't know, but we have to walk in that direction" And the direction he indicated was the exactly the same direction of the apartment of Rebeca. We ended entering her house and watchin Juntos Para Siempre. Shes really evangelica, but invited us back. I love the mission.

2) So i may have told you guys this already. But they have a show thats like Cops or SWAT here in Chile. And like two weeks ago aired an episode with an incident in Quillota (in our mission) where the Carabineros busted into a house of drug dealers. So (remember this is all on film) the carabineros bust the doors open and enter this house. And there sitting in the living room are two missionaries. one of which was my old zone leader in Limache. it turns out that Elder Peña and Elder Stratford were teaching two drug dealers. and happened to be in the house when the Carabineros got there. haha. its pretty funny because it was on tv and everything. people kept telling us about for like week. "I saw missionaries on tv!"

3) today we went the dunes of viña in the morning. it was pretty sweet. enjoy the pictures. basically its just all these giant sand dunes in between Viña and Con-Con. Im pretty sure you could find some information about them on the internet if you're that interested and just have to know more. haha.

Well sounds like everything is good at home. SHOUT OUT TO LA FAMILIA BANEGAS. That's cool that their calling is like official now. haha. "OBEDIENCE....IS IT IN YOU?". The Paws are doing August: A Sage County Story!? thats legit! Grandma and Janell I love you both! I remember right before I entered the MTC Janell told me to always remember Grandma because grandma is enduring to the end. I often think of 2 Nephi 31:20. Press Forward Saints. Well I'm going to try to get some other short emails out. I love you all. enjoy the pictures.

Elder Hyer

PS- im glad that Roderick and Jewels understand my flea problem.