HOLA
This week was REALLY good. AND we had a baptism on saturday! Jose Scharf (he's 21) was baptized. Which is pretty cool. He's been taking talking with the missionaries on and off for like two years. And its really cool that he got baptized because there were a lot people that told us it could never happen. So we´re pretty happy about that.
Church yesterday was REALLY cool. I'm not sure why. There was just a really good spirit yesterday in church. We´re definitely seeing improvements in the barrio. I hope all this continues. We've been finding new people and we´re hoping to have at least three bautismos en Febrero.
This week I will again, issue the same challenge. Talk to someone new at church on sunday.
So we´re working with this menos-activa and her husband. They're really fun. Patricia really reminds me of Janell. Like seriously (bueno, except for the whole smoking, drinking, and tatoo part). Everytime we go over there and talk to her i feel like im talking with Janell, except its in spanish. I hope everything is ok in Nampa. I understand Nadine died. Don´t forget the power of the Atonement. Because of Jesus Christ every single person that has lived, is living, or will live on this earth will be resurected. And grandma, 2nd Nephi 31:20. Siga adelante con fe en Cristo. The otro dia, we talked this menos-activa and her name is Violetta. Isn't that grandmas middle name?
¿spelling? I can't spell gospel stuff in English anymore.
Dave, the bishop says thanks for the acceptance on Facebook. Apparently the barrio has a facebook group page....Barrio Nueva Aurora if you wanna check it out.
Speaking of Dave and Ale, since when have they been in school long enough to graduate? When did that happen?! Well, congratulations on your senior year Ale and your last semester Dave.
The set for Les Miz is finished!?!? WHAT! THAT IS AMAZING.
This week should be pretty interesting. Me and Elder Vasquez are getting mini-misioneros tonight. and they´ll be with us until sunday. should be pretty cool. we´ll be able to do a lot more with two compaƱerismos in the sector. But that means they´ll be six missionaries in our pencion. We only have four beds. ¿¡Yay for the floor!?
You probably don´t want to know this...BUT, Last night both me and Elder Vasquez had a major pulga attack. In english, we had fleas. Which isn´t uncommon at all. Its just last night we went into some houses that had lots of Dogs and when we got home...we were both really itchy...worse than normal. oh well. now that i´ve been on my mission i can sympathize with Roderick. But Roderick at least nice flea and tick medicine from the South Flower Mound Vet.
Sorry this is short. Enjoy the pictures. They are of the baptism and the view of Valpo from our pencion. You should be able to see the puerto. Hopefully I get an email to Alisa written today.
I love you all!
Elder Hyer