Hola Familia.
Sounds like this week was a little crazy. But I'm sure it was fun with all the kids and everything. I forgot Jason Orme was getting married, Meagan Westenskow got married too...and a couple of other YSA kids that i knew.
Nothing really exciting happened this week. Actually this week was a little rough. A lot of our investigators aren't progressing very well. We didn't find anyone really. Well we found one new investigator....she is pretty receptive. So we will see what happens this week when we pass by her again on thursday.
Yesterday during testimony meeting was pretty good. Chamiza is a really good ward in that they have a pretty good retention rate of nuevos conversos in my opinion. A family that has one by one been baptized in the past year all bore their testimonies. The 8 year old son, Nicolas, said something that basically blew my mind, "tiene que asistir a la iglesia cada domingo sí o sí". You have to go to church every sunday. This is amazing to hear from an 8 year old. There are lot of members that needed to hear that. I was also very impressed with the number of Youth that bore their testimony too. It was cool. I like this ward. There are lots of good people. The Achupallas stake in general is pretty stong.
Sorry this is so short, but I really don't have much to say. This week was a little lame.
This week should be better, we have a conference tomorrow. I'm excited. Conferences are always good.
Dave, congratulations on graduating.
I think that is funny that Mary and David were like scared of the Dogs. I would think that after living with Roderick for a year they would be used to him. Thats lame about the power. at least Alisa and the kids can easily go to McKinney for the night. I keep forgetting that Dave and Ale are living with Mom and Dad for the summer.
So, I know I've mentioned this thing about the boycotts in like all the High Schools and Universities right? Basically the a majority of Universities and Liceos (High Schools) have been in like boycott for like two almost three months. A lot of Liceos and Univerisities are "en Toma", in english, students have gone into the school and taken over and locked everyone else from coming in....like a lock-in basically. It is getting to the point that most universities are just going to lose the semester. Apparently the diehard students are fighting for free-rides in the Micros and for free college education.
last night i had this crazy dream that i was getting transferred to La Serena. But when I got there with my companion, two hermanas were also there. But then they spilt the ward, making two. And we had sacrament meeting in one end and the other ward (the hermanas) in the other end of the chapel. And then I was only there for six weeks and got transferred again. Then i woke up. it was really weird. Because it felt so real.
And if im starting to tell you about my dreams...probably means that i should finish this email.
Hope all is well back home. Say hi to everyone for me.
The Church is True, and we should all go to church this sunday, "sí o sí"
I LOVE YOU
Elder Hyer