Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Monday, August 22, 2011

Thank You Chile, for taking away an hour of sleep

Lets be honest.

If there was a lowest of low points in my mission. It would be this past week. I won't go into details. It was just not a good week.

But, that is why we start new weeks.

Can i say that Chile is pretty much crazy...because on saturday night we all had to change our clocks forward. O sea, we lost an hour of sleep. Winter isn't even over yet! on sunday morning when the alarm went off....not fun. But i do like it being light later. it makes it easier to work in certian parts of our sector. lots of people seemed to forget about the hour change though....people kept walking into sacrament meeting late with really surprised looks on their faces. haha.

Bueno, sounds like the ward will be very different when i get back. thats cool that Kendra Cluff is getting married and that Alexa is going on a mission. I had no idea the Rogers were thinking about moving to Pennsylvania. Hopefully Mikhael gets her call this week. Hey, so I went onto the stake website and saw pictures of the stake center. looks pretty cool! That'll be nice when they finish it. Ok, so how is school already starting!? Thats crazy. didnt we just start august like yesterday? 

I'm glad you like working in the temple, Mom. That's cool to be able to do that.

So today when we were walking to do internet (which we do in Viña centro) I ran into an Hermana from N/ueva Aurora. she is the mom of Carlos, an investigator who I taught with Elder Vasquez. Well, he did get baptized two weeks after I left the barrio. And she has gone to the temple and recieved her endowments. And after being separated from her husband for 30 years....he came back and now he is working towards baptism. CRAZY. I guess it just goes to show that we as missionaries can't always see or comprehend the fruits of all our labors. that helped me this morning to see Hermana Sara. Especially after last week.

What else happened this week. Not much. Like I said, it was rather a slow week. We have had like two members of the ward die in like past two weeks. that has been interesting. They were both older though.

That is crazy Peter comes home in like a month. I bet The Waltons are getting excited. I should email him sometime. And thats SO lame that they have Seminary the first week of school. Sorry this is so short. Next week will be better. But, thanks for the nice long emails. i really do appreciate them.

Well, I hope you all have a great week! I love you all.

And I am fine. I promise. the mission is hard. and this week, just happened to be....difficult. BUT, it is in the past.


Visit Here. It is safe I promise.
http://mormon.org/me/58G5

Elder Hyer