Hola Familia
This week was....good. I was a little sick so that was kinda of lame. We found a ton of new investigators....so we´ll see what happens. Christian is going to get baptized on September 12. He´s really cool and has totally made the decision to be baptized. We were going to change the fecha for the 25th but he wanted to keep on the 12. Dana (pregnant lady that has the boyfriend that is in the mine) will probably get baptized after Richard gets out of the mine and they can get married. It´s been really cool to see the spirit work in this family. The parents are members but its been like 20 years since they were active. ANd the parents have started to reactivate themselves and Dana is reading, praying and coming to church. There is a purpose in all things, even the bad things that happen in the world...there´s always a purpose. Somtimes the purpose isn´t evident. Sometimes we can´t see it or even comtemplate what purpose an earthquake, mine collaspe, hurricane, terrorist attack, car accident etc might have. But there is a purpose. Sometimes we need a wakeup call, I don´t know. If we seek the help of our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ we will realize what it is we need to learn from everything that happens to us in this life. Sometimes its in the moment and sometimes it can be years after. But there is always a purpose. Trust in the plan that Heavenly Father has for each and everyone of us. Hopefully that makes sense...I was thinking like half in English and half in Spanish.
So on saturday I did intercambios with Elder Garcia (the nuevito that´s en Limari). He was born in Mexico but when he was five moved to Utah. So he already speaks spanish...but like a mexican spanish. Anyway, throughout the day we were talking and stuff...and holy cow. Sometimes the words he uses and like the intonation or whatever its called....its like I was talking to Peter Walton. It was crazy. He´s pretty cool, he´s from Spanish Fork.
So Dayne really is getting married. Sounds like he´s doing well though. How are the Asay´s? Oh goodness, Dad...thank you for those football scores. I was thinking about college and highschool football on friday when I realized what time of the year it was. That´s funny what happened to Southlake. Haha.
The Paws are doing Over the River and Through the woods? thats cool, there was a school that did that at region my senior year (i think). ANd they´re going to do Women of Lockerbie (sp?)? that´s cool. What are the Prents doing? Sounds like Dave and Ale have had quite the North American tour. That´s cool that they´ve been able to see so much of the continent. Hopefully they got good gas mileage. Ale your schedule sounds crazy. I´m glad that Alisa and Greg are liking Wisconsin. Do you like your house? David is going to be kindergarten? ANd Mary in preschool? That´s nice, this will give Alisa time to get stuff done right? Andy, is Boise State going to have a good season?
Hey while you´re buying ceiling fans for the family room you should fix the one thats in my room...unless you already did. Thats nice its been cooling down a little bit in the evenings. I saw this dog the other day in the street that looked a lot like Roderick. Im not even kidding, I was expecting it to get up and walk towards me because I thought it would recognize me. Tell everyone in the Ward hi for me. Sorry this email is so lame. and short. hopefully next week I´ll have more to say.
I Love you all!
Elder Hyer
PS- Dave, my comp started laughing when we saw the list of words.