Life in the Vineyard of the Sea

Elder Hyer is serving a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Vina del Mar, Chile

Monday, September 27, 2010

"Màs allà, Màs allà, Moraremos con Dios en amor"









¡Hola Familia y Amigos!
So this might be a little long, so ´ll get started...
Ok, firstly as members of the church its important to remember why we go to church. Why we have testimonies. Then we have to remember that if we ever get offended by someone at church to let it go...because that´s not important. AND then we have to remember to LOVE everyone. I think a lot of it is the Culture here in Chile, but everyday Elder Negri and I talk to a menos-activo converso, knock on someones door etc and find members who are way inactive. And do you wanna know why...because of the things members were saying or doing...and they were offended. This week we found a complete family who is inactive because they were treated badly a number of times by members. Turns out this a bit of a problem here in Canihuante. So please, remember why you go to church and then...follow the example of Jesus Christ and Love- other members, converts, investigators. Live what we preach. I love the rama Canihuante, but this rama could easily be a barrio....possibly two...had people been a little more conscious of their words/actions and others had remembered the reason we go to church. LOVE LOVE LOVE, BUILD BUILD BUILD (a saying from my MTC Branch President and his wife).
Secondly...
Today is September 27, 2010. Seven years ago mom and I landed in DFW (with Morris), stopped by Tom Thumb, ate at Wendys and dropped by our house in Flower Mound for the first time. Seven years ago today I left Danville and ended up in Flower Mound. Weird how fast time goes by right?
Ok this week was pretty good. Not a ton a happened. It was a really good week but pretty normal. I wanna say there was stuff that I wanted to tell you all but now I can´t think of what it was. Mom you should forward me peters email. I was thinking about him this week becaused I remembered that he left in the end of September...that´s weird he´s been gone a year. WHOA. Thanks for the football news dad. that´s lame about BYU. Thats cool BSU is 3 though....but my guess is they will deserve to go the Championship and won´t because they are not a Bowl Crap Conference school. Man, I wish i could read Alisas blog, its probably really good. Andy your email pretty much made my day. Ahh the humor of Andy. Haha. Yep, sounds a lot like Isaiah. And Dave thanks for that little article. Holy Cow, that´s crazy that they finally figured out what happened. I guess that means James King ( I don´t think thats right....but they guy that made Titanic and Avatar) will have to remake Titanic. And then Maury Yeston will have to rewrite the Musical. Haha. I´m glad everything went well for your surgery mom. I hope you get better!
Oh, yes...the title. It´s a hymn thats not in the English Hymnal, its only in Spanish...but it has like a God Be With You Till We Meet Again/missionary work feel to it. So why this my title?
BECAUSE I´M GETTING TRANSFERRED!
The Zone Leaders called on Saturday night and told me that i was leaving. But we don´t find out to where or companions until zone meeting. Anyway, so on Sunday i was given the the surprise oppurtunity to speak in the Church. two of the three speakers were sick and so me and elder negri were asked to speak with about ten minutes notice. Which is normally something that doesn´t freak me out. but that´s because in the past its been in English. Haha. But Heavenly Father answers prayers. The meeting actually turned out really well. A YSA girl spoke first about The example of Jesus Christ, then I spoke about the atonement a little bit and the importance of the evangelio and el perseverar hasta el fin (Mosiah 16:6-10 and 2nd Nephi 31: 20-21) and then my companion talked about how Christ is always there trying to help us, we just have to accept the help he offers. So it was really good. And it also gave me the opportunidad para say goodbye. Which was nice. Anyway so last night we had a Noche de Hogar con la Familia Argandoña (Lorena, Juan Pablo, Angie, Felisa, Amanda etc). And they had invited a cousin. We talked about the Book of Mormon. ANd I asked each person to talk about what the Book of Mormon was for them. holy cow, i wish i had recorded what they all said. The Book of Mormon really is the key. It can bring us closer to Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. In it we can find the answers for our questions. It can help support us. It´s a treasure and really does testify of the divinity of Jesus Christ. So last night was pretty cool.
So...where will I be next monday? We had District meeting this morning and I´m going to ..................the Zone of Villa Alemana to the area of Limache-A (where Elder Machado was before Canihuante), my companion will be Elder Bustincio (another Elder from Peru!). I think Limache is the name of the city...if you wanna look it up on google or something. I´ll be in a Barrio (which will be exciting). And Villa Alemana is one of the Interior Zones. So i´m going down south. I´m super excited. But its a little weird. I definitly ready for a new sector. But Canihuante is all i know. I´ll miss all the members here. But yeah, i finally leaving Ovalle. I leave tonight at like 1:30 in the morning and get Viña at like 6....and then I don´t know what happens. I guess I´ll find out. And Elder Negri is going to Train...so there will be another Nuevito in Canihuante! I´m excited. So I love you all. Thanks for all the support and love that I feel from all of you.
For the final time, From Ovalle....
Love, Elder Hyer