Hola Familia.
Well once again cambios have come around. And I am leaving Chamiza. Leaving Viña de hecho. I am going to the Area La Calera 2, in the Zona Quillota, its in the interior of the mission but like north of Villa Alemana and Limache. I will be with a new missionary....like now the whole training process is really 12 weeks instead of six, so Im like going to finish his training process...at least that is what president told me. anyway i am excited. It'll be different from Chamiza and probably every other ward I have been in...but it should be fun.
Well so you understand Mom. On Saturday was the 50th Anniversary of La Mision Chilena. So they had a special like fireside that they broadcasted to all the stake and district centers in Chile (as well as on internet). It was really cool. ACtually really cool. It definitly makes a missionary feel part of something much bigger than just two years of service. When South America was dedicated for missionary work it was said that south america would be a "potencia para la iglesia". When Chile was dedicated for missionary work it was said that there would come a time in which the Church would have a major influence in Chile. I think one of my favorite parts was when Elder Zeballos spoke. He is in the Area Presidency and was born and baptized by himself when he had like 10 years in what was then the tiny and FIRST branch in Ovalle. So to hear him speak about his experiences in Ovalle as a youth...was cool. For those of you who don't know, I started and spent my first six months of the mission in Ovalle. So that was pretty cool. Alisa, they spoke about when the first stake was created in Chile and they mentioned the first stake president being named Carlos Cifuentes. Isn't the counselor in your stake presidency Marcos Cifuentes right? maybe it is his dad. THIS saturday in Santiago is the big culutral celebration. I could be going. But probably not. It depends on whether or not there are members in La Calera that are going. I am sure you guys could actually watch on internet if you want. the website for the area chile is lds.cl
Anyway those are kind of the two big things happening around here. I hope all is well back home. That is cool that they are dedicating the new Stake Center. thats exciting. Tell peter I said hi. tell him he can email sometime if he wants to.
That is cool that FMHS is doing Crazy for You. I've heard it before and I think i might have actually watched a video of it in theatre at fmhs. Im sure they are going to get mr. harvey again....so it'll probably be good.
Enjoy the pictures. The thing about leaving an area is that its sometimes can be like leaving home all over again. You leave your family, find another one etc. I will miss Chamiza. Its a really good ward. and the estaca Achupallas is amazing.
love you all
Elder Hyer
ps- dave it is interesting how many worldwide news events have happened in chile since I have been on my mission.









