So this week was pretty good. But once again I don't have many ganas to write.
So, Conference was good. I know Mom, I totally loved Elder Cook's talk. Dad, looks like Star Valley is getting a temple...that's cool!
I really like President Uchtdorfs talk on Saturday Morning. I feel like that idea of Heavenly Father knowing each of us personally was a pretty strong theme this conference.
I also loved Elder Clayton's talk Saturday morning (he talked about Peru and the Gospel filling the earth).
So, what happened with Elder Hales? He gave a really good talk. But he looks SO different.
I also liked how they talked about the importance of the scriptures this conference. And the importance of the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I Also know that the Bible is the word of God (as long as it is translated correctly). Together, they testify of Jesus Christ and teach is doctrine in CLARITY. Something you lose if you have one without the other. That is how God works, in the mouth of two or three witnesses. I felt the power of the Book of Mormon a few times this week. We were in a lesson on intercambios in El Mirador. We decided just to start reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning with this family. And I don't know, I really felt like it was the voice speaking from the dust as this family started reading the account of the Family of Lehi. The Book of Mormon is true. It really testifies of Jesus Christ and can bring you closer to him. You don't believe me? READ IT. Because of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon we can know that Joseph Smith therefore was a true Prophet of God and that La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Últimos Días is the Church, Kingdom of Christ here on the earth. Look, like it was said in conference. There is no middle ground. The Book of Mormon and the Church of Jesus Christ are either true or the biggest lie ever told. As an authorized representative of Jesus Christ I testify that the Book of Mormon is true and that The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints is the true church of Jesus Christ restored again to the earth por medio del Profeta Joseph Smith. I cannot deny that. Out of the thousands of elements of my personal testimony of these things, I cannot deny the confirmation I have recieved through the Holy Ghost. And I promise that anyone who, with a sincere heart, reads the Book of Mormon and then asks God if it is true will come to know of its truthfulness and that Jesus Christ is the savior of the world. And that his gospel is the only way back to the home of our Loving Heavenly Father. And that the fulness of this Gospel and the priesthood authority of Christ are found, and only found, in La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Últimos Días.There is no middle ground. It is either true or not. And I testify, with millions of others, that it is indeed true.
ok, well that is what I got out of conference.
Sounds like things are good back home. Thats lame that Flower Mound lost the mound showdown. But thats cool that BYU won. They left the Mountain West right? I am not sure how I feel about that. Whatever. I am not there. Doesn't matter to me.
You are going to Germany mom and dad? thats cool.
Well here are some pictures..... from a district activity and a tribute to walmart and its chilean branch LIDER and an ad for a nearby iglesia evangelica. I just love how all the iglesias evangelicas here in Chile all have like 10 names. its like they can't decide what denomination they are a part of.
I love you all!
Elder Hyer
ps- REM is playing in this cyber. què trunky family. reminds me of a car trip with Andy. haha.
So, Conference was good. I know Mom, I totally loved Elder Cook's talk. Dad, looks like Star Valley is getting a temple...that's cool!
I really like President Uchtdorfs talk on Saturday Morning. I feel like that idea of Heavenly Father knowing each of us personally was a pretty strong theme this conference.
I also loved Elder Clayton's talk Saturday morning (he talked about Peru and the Gospel filling the earth).
So, what happened with Elder Hales? He gave a really good talk. But he looks SO different.
I also liked how they talked about the importance of the scriptures this conference. And the importance of the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I Also know that the Bible is the word of God (as long as it is translated correctly). Together, they testify of Jesus Christ and teach is doctrine in CLARITY. Something you lose if you have one without the other. That is how God works, in the mouth of two or three witnesses. I felt the power of the Book of Mormon a few times this week. We were in a lesson on intercambios in El Mirador. We decided just to start reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning with this family. And I don't know, I really felt like it was the voice speaking from the dust as this family started reading the account of the Family of Lehi. The Book of Mormon is true. It really testifies of Jesus Christ and can bring you closer to him. You don't believe me? READ IT. Because of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon we can know that Joseph Smith therefore was a true Prophet of God and that La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Últimos Días is the Church, Kingdom of Christ here on the earth. Look, like it was said in conference. There is no middle ground. The Book of Mormon and the Church of Jesus Christ are either true or the biggest lie ever told. As an authorized representative of Jesus Christ I testify that the Book of Mormon is true and that The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints is the true church of Jesus Christ restored again to the earth por medio del Profeta Joseph Smith. I cannot deny that. Out of the thousands of elements of my personal testimony of these things, I cannot deny the confirmation I have recieved through the Holy Ghost. And I promise that anyone who, with a sincere heart, reads the Book of Mormon and then asks God if it is true will come to know of its truthfulness and that Jesus Christ is the savior of the world. And that his gospel is the only way back to the home of our Loving Heavenly Father. And that the fulness of this Gospel and the priesthood authority of Christ are found, and only found, in La Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Últimos Días.There is no middle ground. It is either true or not. And I testify, with millions of others, that it is indeed true.
ok, well that is what I got out of conference.
Sounds like things are good back home. Thats lame that Flower Mound lost the mound showdown. But thats cool that BYU won. They left the Mountain West right? I am not sure how I feel about that. Whatever. I am not there. Doesn't matter to me.
You are going to Germany mom and dad? thats cool.
Well here are some pictures..... from a district activity and a tribute to walmart and its chilean branch LIDER and an ad for a nearby iglesia evangelica. I just love how all the iglesias evangelicas here in Chile all have like 10 names. its like they can't decide what denomination they are a part of.
I love you all!
Elder Hyer
ps- REM is playing in this cyber. què trunky family. reminds me of a car trip with Andy. haha.



