Hola so I will be sending two emails today.
This is the first.
Life is good here in La Calera. My comp is Elder Bryant from Alabama. I have had some pretty diverse companions in my mission. I mean really, in all i have only had one from utah and one from california.
La Calera is interesting. its a ward that has an attendance of about....well when sacrament meeting started yesterday, there were about maybe 15 people. by the end of sacrament meeting there were like 50. But we are working with the bishop....well, we got some work to do.
We should be having some baptisms in november and october, thats good. We just gotta strengthen the ward so they stay.
Our pencion is super fun. me comp and I live with Elder Araya (Chile) and Elder Granados (Costa Rica). Its cool. OUr zone is super cool too. theres just lots of energy which is good. You probably all know more than I do with all this google maps stuff. But yes La Calera is pretty cool. bigger than I thought it was.
Leaving Chamiza was hard. I am going to miss seeing the ocean. Anyway, left me tell you about something crazy that happened on my last night in Chamiza. We went and visited Alejandra and Sandra, two investigatores. We have been working with them for a long time and so we know the whole family really well. Alejandras grandfather is really sick. but was getting better and sometimes when we go over she likes us to go in and say hi and sing to him. so we went by the say bye to them and she asked us to go in and sing him a song. apparently he not been doing well that day. like he hadn't been able to speak. so we sang Gran Eres Tu and then I had this feeling to seing Divina Luz (HOw great thou art and Lead Kindly Light). As we are singing I begin to notice that maybe this man was not just having a bad day...like I don't know...i just felt that maybe he was close to possibly dying. Anyway, Alejandra and her grandmother also start saying, we should probably call the hospital etc. But me and Elder Given had to leave, so they call everyone (like some friends who were visiting) into the room so that we can say a prayer with the grandfather before we left. I said the prayer. The spirit was very strong (there were a few people who had never really talked to the missionaries before either...so this was a good thing). I ended the prayer and then felt impressed to testify about the reality of the Resurection and the power of the Atonement of Christ. And then as they were calling the hospital we left. But me and Elder Given left feeling really good, like we had fulfilled a purpose in being there or something. We comforted them and they all felt the spirit. So then on Saturday night I have an opurtunity to see Elder Given. He tells me that on monday night after we had left...Patricio (Alejandra's grandfather) passed away. I know that Heavenly Father puts us in the places where we need to be to help and comfort his children.
Anyway the pictures are of Alejandra and Sandra. And then of Paz and Miguel and Paz's daughter Begoñia. They are some really cool converts that have been baptized in the past year.
Sounds like everything is good at home.
thats cool that Rangers are going to the world series, but lame that our family will once again feel conflicted. haha.
thats cool that you are liking working in the Temple mom and dad. and fun that you get to go to Germany.
I hope everything is well with you all at home.
I LOVE YOU ALL. Tell Jill Everet congratulations. I don't think i have every formally met her...but thats cool shes going on a mission!
Sounds like peter got a cool job too!
Anyway, now i have to go write letter number two!
Love you!
Elder Hyer
This is the first.
Life is good here in La Calera. My comp is Elder Bryant from Alabama. I have had some pretty diverse companions in my mission. I mean really, in all i have only had one from utah and one from california.
La Calera is interesting. its a ward that has an attendance of about....well when sacrament meeting started yesterday, there were about maybe 15 people. by the end of sacrament meeting there were like 50. But we are working with the bishop....well, we got some work to do.
We should be having some baptisms in november and october, thats good. We just gotta strengthen the ward so they stay.
Our pencion is super fun. me comp and I live with Elder Araya (Chile) and Elder Granados (Costa Rica). Its cool. OUr zone is super cool too. theres just lots of energy which is good. You probably all know more than I do with all this google maps stuff. But yes La Calera is pretty cool. bigger than I thought it was.
Leaving Chamiza was hard. I am going to miss seeing the ocean. Anyway, left me tell you about something crazy that happened on my last night in Chamiza. We went and visited Alejandra and Sandra, two investigatores. We have been working with them for a long time and so we know the whole family really well. Alejandras grandfather is really sick. but was getting better and sometimes when we go over she likes us to go in and say hi and sing to him. so we went by the say bye to them and she asked us to go in and sing him a song. apparently he not been doing well that day. like he hadn't been able to speak. so we sang Gran Eres Tu and then I had this feeling to seing Divina Luz (HOw great thou art and Lead Kindly Light). As we are singing I begin to notice that maybe this man was not just having a bad day...like I don't know...i just felt that maybe he was close to possibly dying. Anyway, Alejandra and her grandmother also start saying, we should probably call the hospital etc. But me and Elder Given had to leave, so they call everyone (like some friends who were visiting) into the room so that we can say a prayer with the grandfather before we left. I said the prayer. The spirit was very strong (there were a few people who had never really talked to the missionaries before either...so this was a good thing). I ended the prayer and then felt impressed to testify about the reality of the Resurection and the power of the Atonement of Christ. And then as they were calling the hospital we left. But me and Elder Given left feeling really good, like we had fulfilled a purpose in being there or something. We comforted them and they all felt the spirit. So then on Saturday night I have an opurtunity to see Elder Given. He tells me that on monday night after we had left...Patricio (Alejandra's grandfather) passed away. I know that Heavenly Father puts us in the places where we need to be to help and comfort his children.
Anyway the pictures are of Alejandra and Sandra. And then of Paz and Miguel and Paz's daughter Begoñia. They are some really cool converts that have been baptized in the past year.
Sounds like everything is good at home.
thats cool that Rangers are going to the world series, but lame that our family will once again feel conflicted. haha.
thats cool that you are liking working in the Temple mom and dad. and fun that you get to go to Germany.
I hope everything is well with you all at home.
I LOVE YOU ALL. Tell Jill Everet congratulations. I don't think i have every formally met her...but thats cool shes going on a mission!
Sounds like peter got a cool job too!
Anyway, now i have to go write letter number two!
Love you!
Elder Hyer






